Different Surgeons, Different Answers.. Help!

Cgas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a norwood 3 (I think!) with a fist size advanced balding spot on the crown, and some receding on both sides at the front. Budget isn't too much of an issue, I just want the best job.

I know I have a lot more research to do, and look at a lot of surgeons. If anyone could point me to the best surgeons in Belgium/Turkey, I would appreciate it!. Aside from that, I have a set of questions answered very differently by three different clinics in three different countries. I can name them, but just in case I shouldn't I'll call them Dr BK, Dr India and Dr UK (one of the most expensive). Since the answers are very different, I obviously do not know which is correct? I do not want short cuts, but then I also don't want it to be harsher than is has to be.

Do I need to shave my head? Dr BK and both Dr UK say I only need to shave the donor area for sure, Dr India says the whole head needs to be shaved. I would obviously rather not, but if I should...

I currently use Toppix, styling paste, and hairspray. How long until I can do this again? Dr BK says 1 week, Dr UK says 2 weeks, Dr India says 6 weeks. This is an important one, as I do not want to damage the result, but 6 weeks seems a long time?

Would taking Finasteride be essential? Dr BK said I can take Oral minoxidil, Dr India said I should take at least a low dose of finasteride for a short period, Dr UK said usually, but it depends if I can save hair on the topmiddle/crow as it won't do much for the front.

Follow Up Procudures/check ups? Only the following day from all 3, although the UK said I'm happy to do in whatever. In a recrent GQ magazine, a leading sugeon suggested it should be checked 1/6/12 months after.

How many grafts, and price? Dr BK says 3500 from pics, Dr India says 3700, and the key part, Dr UK says he will not predict without consultation, but 3700 is too many for one day (and I should split the operation 6-12 months as not to damage the donor area if its above 3,000). This obviously scared me about the first two. Price was £8500 (Thailand BK), £4500 India, £15k ish UK.

There is obviously a lot of experience/knowledge/research from people on this forum, so any imput/feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks
P

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Different surgeons will give you different answers, just as different doctors would do for many things.

You could start by telling us who these guys are.

If you're seriously contemplating throwing £15k on a hair transplant in the UK you should think again seriously WTF are you thinking. They are f*****g useless there, to the point of being crooks. Here's a guy that got rekt going twice to Farjo for example

To answer your questions:
1) If you want to get the best results and do things properly then shave your head.
2) Probably avoid it for at least 4 weeks after. Personally I'm avoiding it for 2-3 months, why potentially harm your results?
3) Makes sense to start taking finasteride if you're rekt. 0.2mg a day should do it.
4) You usually have a checkup the next day. Many places you can get another checkup after 2-3 months no problem and can also be in constant contact with them via email or otherwise.

Here are some suggestions:

Brussels - B isanga, Feriduni.
Cyprus - Maras.
Athens - B isanga and Cole clinic.
Turkey - Keser, Cosmedica.

Cgas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Reading this forum a bit more I’m not considering the UK anymore, and il be based in Thailand for a while anyway.

Dr Bhatti was India
Dr Path was Thailand
And UK was crown clinic in Manchester.

Before I check out some of your suggestions, Dr Bhatti is the most likely choice. Really good reviews, experience etc and a sub 6k USD price. I forgot to mention he said if there is not enough donor hair he may have to take from the beard or chest. I don’t really want my beard hair affected, and I assume the chest hair wouldn’t grow back and might leave a scar? Also I want it done at the end of November, so anyone with a long waiting list wouldn’t be preferable.

Thanks for help!

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the shout out for Dr B*sangas clinic in Athens. I am a patient advisor for Dr B in Athens, so if I can help you with anything at all just let me know.

UK I would only really consider Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic. Great Doctor and great surgeon.

Do I need to shave my head?
It is always preferential and the best approach unless specific circumstances. I haven't seen your photos but if you have maintained a lot of native hair, achieving the same density with a non shave can be more complicated. Hence the higher price point. Your surgery will also undoubtedly take longer. Also I have seen patients with longer native hair, their hair has stuck to the newly placed grafts and when styling, has pulled grafts out. My advice would be to shave.

I currently use Toppix, styling paste, and hairspray. How long until I can do this again?
The longer that you can abstain, the better for your healing. Your newly transplanted hair is evolving through many stages and the best and cleanest environment that you can maintain, would be recommended. Doctors do have different instructions for this. Dr B recommends refraining from fibres for 6 months.

Would taking finasteride be essential?
Medication is always a personal decision but it is recommended. Some individuals may have some miniaturisation in their donor and this can definitely effect your result, even your candidacy for surgery. Topical finasteride gel and minoxidil would be recommended but of course would need to be maintained.

Follow Up Procudures/check ups?
Generally one post op appointment normally on the day following your procedure is standard as a high percentage of patients are international and revisiting the clinic isn't always easy/possible. Of course if you request a follow up and are available, this should be encouraged.

How many grafts, and price?
You will receive a range of recommendations from different Doctors as they have various styles, approaches, hairline designs etc.

Wishing you the best of luck!

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Review each doctors policy and surgical protocol. Also, if there is an issue, ask each clinic what they will do- refund, repair, or ask for more money to repair.

Dr Bhatti does great work and obviously price is reasonable. Dr Keser does some great work too.
You can keep going.

at the end pf the day, it doesnt matter if you go to the known and unknown, high price or low price, only strong ethics matter. Patient safety, care, concerns matter. It is Who you feel comfortable with?

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having seen a number of results from Bhatti on a hair restoration forum I would seriously avoid him!