DIFFERENT QUALITIES OF FINASTERIDE ?

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Are there different quality finasteride, as I have been paying £50 a month for propecia in the UK, and have just been shown a website where 30 5mg proscar pills will cost 24 euros. That is a ridiculous disparity in price. Will the Proscar be rubbish quality if it in't manufactured by Merck ?

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you guys doing this on purpose?

Here's some news...if it ain't manufactured by Merck, it ain't Proscar.

jerry grant

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think they're just throwin out easy ones to make you feel smart, Jerry.

As Jerry said, Proscar is made by Merck. Period. Fincar, generic Finasteride, is even cheaper then that, and is just as good.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel this particular one has been asked and answered a half dozen times in the last week. And Ryanfrank should know better, having been here awhile.

Anyway. Fincar or Finast are both generic names of 5mg finasteride. They are manufactured in India by Cipla and Dr. Reddys laboratories respectively, both of whom are very reputable.

I've been taking Fincar for almost 6 months and have experienced all the usual results and side effects I would have expected on the Merck stuff. My hair is thicker and better than ever, giving the impresssion of regrowth, but actual new growth has yet to come. I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the stuff I'm taking is any different than the branded stuff.

Some people prefer the stuff with the badge, some prefer the extra change in their pocket.

jerry grant

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
Frank,

Yeah its sure tricky to find info on good UK suppliers, prices are mad.

Thanks for the Merck bit men!

wils