Different Lights = Different Degrees Of Baldness?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I moved in with my girlfriend into her place a few months back, and noticed the following phenomena -

Scenario 1 - She has these super strong halogen beam lights in front of a full length mirror. When I hold up a vanity mirror to the back of my head, I sh*t my pants in horror because my crown looks thin, I dont have a bald spot, but I see my scalp. I always thought i had decent coverage. My barber even says my hair is thin, but I dont need to worry about male pattern baldness.

Scenario 2 - I do the same thing in front of the bathroom mirror, which has exposed incandescent lights, which I believe are bright enough to bring any thinning crown to the surface. However, while I see my part and a bit of scalp where it parts, by no means does it look like I have anything to worry about.

It's like my hair is dr jekyl and mr hyde depending on the lighting I choose, and I dont know which one to believe. On the whole, it's not like I have this concentrated halogen spotlight on my crown everywhere I walk, so I suspect my hair doesnt look anywhere as thin as it does under those lights. At the same time I wonder if the super strong light is exposing the hidden truth... :)

Anyhow, just wondering if you guys have noticed the same thing and what your thoughts are on it.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can confirm, sometimes I push all my hair forward, making it look very thin but cover half my forehead, I then look at my reflection on the window (at nighttime) and it looks like I'm NW1 :p

Also it's ridiculous how much better my face looks in my bathroom with the morning light streaming in compared to artificially lighted at night time.