different grades of minoxidil

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, i was reading on the spectral dnc site about different grades of minoxidil. It says their kind is supposedly some premium grade. So anyone have any knowledge about different grades of minoxidil? This makes me hesitant to switch to another brand of minoxidil from rogaine which i currently use.

beaner

Reaction score
Phillip said:
ok, i was reading on the spectral dnc site about different grades of minoxidil. It says their kind is supposedly some premium grade. So anyone have any knowledge about different grades of minoxidil? This makes me hesitant to switch to another brand of minoxidil from rogaine which i currently use.

I think they use the term "research grade" minoxidil.......whatever that means to make it different than the minoxidil used in Rogaine or Kirkland generic for that matter...probably no difference really....just a term used to make their product appear better than the rest. From personal experience, I have probably used 5 or 6 different brands of minoxidil and they all seem pretty much the same to me in terms of efficacy, although Spectral contains other ingredients that may possibly make it more effective. I think if you're having good results with whatever you are using not to bother switching as Spectral DNC is way overpriced.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Phillip said:

Lol, i actually had no intention of the spectral dnc. I meant switchign to like equate or another generic. It just made me think about whether there actually could be a difference ya know?

G

Phillip said:
Phillip said:

Lol, i actually had no intention of the spectral dnc. I meant switchign to like equate or another generic. It just made me think about whether there actually could be a difference ya know?

i doubt it. if you can find equate near you then go with that since it's dirt cheap and is the same product.