difference between nw1 and nw0

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that nw1 referred to a perfect, straight across, non-receded hairline, but I keep seeing people on these forums refer to "nw0". What is the nw0? Or is it a hairline so elite it's beyond the understanding of mere mortals?

all

Reaction score
i think a nw0 is a round hairline where a nw1 is an angled one. but im not too sure myself.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW0 is a monkey hairline, like Clay Morrow from Sons of Anarchy or that evil bastard Sean Hannity.
NW1 is a normal teenage hairline like Brad Pitt.
NW2 is like Johnny Depp
NW2.5 is like Henry Cavill or Tom Hiddleston

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW0 is a monkey hairline, like Clay Morrow from Sons of Anarchy or that evil bastard Sean Hannity.
NW1 is a normal teenage hairline like Brad Pitt.
NW2 is like Johnny Depp
NW2.5 is like Henry Cavill or Tom Hiddleston

hmmm. Interesting. I think nw1 is definitely where it's at. nw2 still isn't bad, and depending on how you grow/style can be indistinguishable from nw1. Styling options become a lot more limited at the 2.5 for pulling off the full head of hair...that's about where I'm at now.

shookwun

Reaction score
NW0 is a juvenile hairline.

Id say a NW1 is a normal straight hairline that shows no signs of hairloss.

NW2 is BALDING. Typically at this stage, the temple points start to recede followed by the temples.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW0 is a juvenile hairline.

Id say a NW1 is a normal straight hairline that shows no signs of hairloss.

Wouldn't a move from 0-1 imply that hair has been lost?

shookwun

Reaction score
technically yes but it wouldn't be classified as balding. It's such a slow, and gradual process that it could take 10-20 years before the hairline even shifts into a NW1.

I work with a guy who is 65 and has a full head of hair still. His forelock is at the juvenile hairline position while his temples are widowed to form a NW1.....

everyones different.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly think I'd rather be a permanent nw2 than an nw0. The 0 looks a bit funny on people over the age of like, 14. Obviously 1 is ideal, but as I said above, with a 2 you can still pull off that you have a complete head of hair.

Last edited: