Dietary ways of reducing DHT

HappyToBeHair

Reaction score
Solving hair Loss Once & For All

Here's the cheap easy way out of the DHT/hairloss problem. This will stop all your shedding within one week, so it's worth a try, even if you're skeptical!

Take 2 NOW Prostate Support Tablets (with saw palmetto and other synergistic herbs) in the morning AND at bedtime.

Take 1 beta sitosterol tablet (Source Naturals) in the morning AND at bedtime. (The saw palmetto complex seems to be more effective than this tablet, so you might want to try the Prostrate support formula for a few days before you add this to it.)

These are natural supplements with no side effects (except positive health effects) whatsoever.

Thus far, this has worked (within days!) for everyone I've recommended this solution to. Frankly, this simple supplement can easily put the gazillion dollar hair loss products industry out of business.

Thought you'd all like to know.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sublime said:
Bryan,

Isn't that what I presented to you. I showed you a study that, not neccesarly flax (could be a different seed), Enterolactone and Enterodiol do just that.

I believe what you presented was just an in vitro study. I don't think you've ever cited a study which found that eating flax (or any other food or food element) was able to lower serum DHT by an amount which was anywhere close to what you get when you take drugs like finasteride and dutasteride. That's the whole point.

sublime said:
Most great studies that revolve around food as a whole only come from universisty's or overseas. What is the percentage that flax is effective? I honestly do not know, all I can do is report about its effects on me. Do I believe it is more effective than finasteride? I do not know. Hopefully in the future more money will be put towards the effort to better determine its efficiency.

I think it's nothing but wishful thinking to expect certain foods to reduce DHT as much as the drugs do.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sublime said:
I am trying ascertain your exact thought on in vitro studies. Based off of your above statement they are pretty much useless. Please clarify.

No, I don't think they're useless at all. But they're just for the initial SCREENING of prospective substances. First you test something in vitro, then you test it in vivo. You can't just test it in vitro, and then simply ASSUME that it's going to work in vivo! :roll:

A good example of something that passes the first test but fails the second one would be azelaic acid, IMHO.

Bryan