s.a.f

Reaction score
Spice up the beans with some HP sauce.

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
ahh yes baked beans

the british idea of vegetables

There was something in the news recently, can't remember the exact details. You know how we are supposed eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, apparently In Britain 1 in 10 of the population think Jaffa cakes could count towards 5-a-day.

I googled it... Read it here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/child ... a-day.html

Petchsky

Reaction score
Pah Brits, what a bunch of thick twats aye :)

Starseed

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
ahh yes baked beans

Aaaah...the Australian idea of vegetables:

fosters.jpg

SmileyLaughOutLoud.gif
SmileyLaughOutLoud.gif
SmileyLaughOutLoud.gif

HughJass

Reaction score
nobody drinks fosters here it's rarely even carried by local bottleshops, ironically it's biggest market is the UK where you lot go through it like water.

I guess you chaps just love your veggies! :mrgreen:

HughJass

Reaction score
ali777 said:
aussieavodart said:
ahh yes baked beans

There was something in the news recently, can't remember the exact details. You know how we are supposed eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, apparently In Britain 1 in 10 of the population think Jaffa cakes could count towards 5-a-day.

I googled it... Read it here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/child ... a-day.html

:uglylol:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 'ministry of food' episode where one lady hadn't even seen boiling water before.

What is going on over there?

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 'ministry of food' episode where one lady hadn't even seen boiling water before.

What is going on over there?

I hate Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey... I actually hate anyone who behaves like a preacher. If Jamie was so concerned about school dinners, he would have donated some of his own money to do something about it rather than cash in on it.

The problem in Britain is, and maybe a bit similar in some parts of the US, since the 1960s or so people became lazy and started eating lots of processed food. I don't mean lazy in a disrespectful way. In the past the woman would stay at home and do the house chores, but once women started going to work there was no time left to cook family meals. Basically, the last two generations grew up in this ready meals culture and they didn't learn how to cook from their parents.

Combine that with strong food industry telling you this and that is good for you to increase their sales when in reality they are selling processed food full of salt, sugar, fat, and chemicals.

I think they should bring home economics back and make it a compulsory subject in all schools.

Starseed

Reaction score
You have to remember that

a) Britain is a terrible country
b) Australia is a perfect country

Simple, really.

Aussie, you remind me of the guys who seem to have a pathological need to kick America, and the Mods sometimes have to step in and stamp on it.

In your case, it seems to be a pathological need to kick Britain. Ever thought of having counselling for it?

Sad. :sobbing:

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
nobody drinks fosters here it's rarely even carried by local bottleshops, ironically it's biggest market is the UK where you lot go through it like water.

I guess you chaps just love your veggies! :mrgreen:

Nobody drinks fosters here neither. About 10 years ago fosters brewery was one of the dominating breweries and they were literally in all the bars. Now carling and carlsberg seem to be dominating the market.

Likewise, in mid 1990s, hieneken was everywhere.

As a lager drinker, I usually have whatever is on the tab but my personal choice is carlsberg and its derivatives.

BTW, I actually like 4 eggs, sorry I meant XXXX. It's cheap and cheerful :)

[youtube:227oz9lm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUf2TS83VQ[/youtube:227oz9lm]

Starseed said:

Simple, really.

Aussie, you remind me of the guys who seem to have a pathological need to kick America, and the Mods sometimes have to step in and stamp on it.

In your case, it seems to be a pathological need to kick Britain. Ever thought of having counselling for it?

I don't think it's only him... Pom bashing is their favourite sport and they all engage in it.

It's like a love and hate relationship. They have such strong feelings towards Britain that they have to constantly talk about it. It reminds me of a nagging wife :whistle:

HughJass

Reaction score
Starseed said:

Simple, really.

Starseed you remind me of the archetype of the British moaner who can't take a bit of criticism about his country without having a little hissy fit, especially when that criticism is coming from the former colonies

cheer up son, you'll win something at sport one day

:mrgreen:

HughJass

Reaction score
ali777 said:
I don't think it's only him... Pom bashing is their favourite sport and they all engage in it.

It's like a love and hate relationship. They have such strong feelings towards Britain that they have to constantly talk about it. It reminds me of a nagging wife :whistle:

It's only because you leave yourselves so open to it. It's hard to resist.

you chaps should learn how to give it back, instead of just getting the hump all the time (it's what encourages us to keep taking the piss)

LOL

Starseed

Reaction score
Criticism? Jokes about vegetables? ..
rolleyes.gif

You're one of those sad people who like to dish it out but can't take it back

aussieavodart said:
you'll win something at sport one day

You're tragic. Please try to get your facts right:

Embarassing as it may be for an pathologically anti-English Australian like yourself, here's the Olympic Gold Medals Table:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml

1) CHINA 24 Golds
2) USA 20 Golds
3) RUSSIA 12
4) GREAT BRITAIN 11 Golds

We beat your sorry arses. We absolutely dominate the world in Track Cycling, for one thing, to this day.

OlympicCyclingteamSprint-1.jpg

Formula One? Take a look at my avatar, you sorry case. World Champions, again. Does your country ever produce a world-champion? We have at least EIGHT, plus world class teams like McLaren, Williams, etc...........

LewisHamilton.jpg

And so on. And so on. And so on.

I'm sick of your childish and chippy anti-English negative smart arse posts.

You're the true successor to the "late great Bubka". You piss on people who like to share something POSITIVE.

Basically you're full of sh*t.

And you represent exactly what Admin is referring to:

Admin said:
This site is a health information website. It is not romper room. We are here to provide Medical information to people suffering from a health condition. Please try to keep that in mind. HairlossTalk has been labeled by other sites as a place where the younger, less intelligent, immature, and vulgar crowd congregates. This needs to change.

So Admin, and Mods please note:

I'm tired of this childish unintelligent sarcastic site pollution. It is sadly so admired by the "less intelligent, immature, and vulgar".

So I shan't be around here for a long while, so this inferiority-complex ridden childish Aussie can have all the free rein he needs.

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow - dudes, chill out.

How did my instructions for the ultimate beans and toast meal turn into a nationalist verbal ping pong match. That just goes to show, there's more to a can of Heinz beans than meets the eye. :freak:

I used to have discussions about this kind of thing, but now, it's all nonsense really. What anyone should be proud of is what they personally achieve and to worry of their own personal failures, I am neither responsible for a nations good nor it's bad, but only my actions. It's a good way to liberate yourself from the misperceived burden of national shame, and the delusional pride of national achievement. Since it is nonsense, there is no harm in enjoying a sport win by your country etc. But take neither criticism, nor praise personally, both accomplishment and failure are not owned by me.

Don't needlessly attribute yourself to such a large group of people. Some people would regard Australian and English to be part of the same 'Anglosphere', some would distinguish within Britain, Scotland and England, and a new rivalry can initiate. Even within England divides can easily be made, the North and South being a good one for example. We can attribute identity to anything we want, and distinguish ourselves from anything we want. For that reason, all associations of that kind are inherently flawed. The only perfect association is yourself, with everything else, and the only one that matters.

That said, I will defend my beans and toast recipe to the point of death. :firing:

HughJass

Reaction score
Starseed said:
You're the true successor to the "late great Bubka"

I'm not even sure if I can say I'm actually worthy of that honorable title. Maybe some day.....

Starseed you are really going to have to learn how to keep your cards closer to your chest mate. If a quick jab from me is all it takes to provoke an angry tirade which lists all of Britannia's proudest moments in the sporting sun (pretty small list though :) ) then you only really have yourself to blame for exposing a weakness.

If the empire's rural outposts have to live with your flag then I'm sure you can cope with a bit of a flak about the state of your bowling.

And your batting.

And your fielding.

HughJass

Reaction score
Shoot_The_Glass said:
It doesnt bother me a bit,the only difference between brits and aussies is a suntan ans we united in our disgust for america! i jest i jest........... :innocent:

:agree: