Did you consult a doctor before taking finasteride?

Ichibi

Reaction score
As a man w/o insurance, I'd rather not go to a doctor. I went a last year about a skin condition and I told the dermatologist about my hair, he said it just looks like male pattern baldness. Nothing I can do. He suggested rogaine, and told me about losing my hair after I stop.

So to those who consulted a doctor, did they run any tests? I'm currently not on any meds and no conditions. Should I be able to take finasteride?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't consult anyone but a mirror...I'll stop when my wenis falls off.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was pretty paranoid so I had blood work done - I just wanted to get my pre-finasteride testosterone levels on file, just to have.

It cost about $150 - insurance didn't cover any.

Ichibi

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
I was pretty paranoid so I had blood work done - I just wanted to get my pre-finasteride testosterone levels on file, just to have.

It cost about $150 - insurance didn't cover any.

Other than that did you have anything else done?

Ichibi

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
Nope, just got my pre-finasteride testosterone levels on file. that's it.

Since you were so paranoid, did you read about any long term sides that might occur? More specifically finasteride affecting your fertility and sperm? Ive been trying to find some but I can only find the short term.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's possible man. i've seen posts of people who have been on finasteride 10 years having healthy babies. it's a risk i'm willing to take.

Ichibi

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
it's possible man. i've seen posts of people who have been on finasteride 10 years having healthy babies. it's a risk i'm willing to take.

Have you read anything about not being able to conceive a baby? I'm on the edge of ordering a taking finasteride for my years to come....