did propecia change your personality

did propecia change your personality

• Total voters

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
did it make you a bit sensitive and lady like? or are the side effects of decreasing dht not that dramatic?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
:agree:

I don't think I'm as easy-going as I used to be. Then again, that very well could be the fact that you get busier and more stressed out the older you get :)

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a gateway drug making me want to try RU and dutasteride

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^^

We get it, gho5, you're just looking for silly excuses not to take it, not that I care whether you do or not, but seriously, stop looking for any little excuse.

:/

T

Timi

in Studies finasteride make Testosteron 10%higher and not
Estrogen!

i have take finasteride 13Years without minoxidil
my Face Body was Normal,3Years minoxidil
and my Face bigger and bigger and my Body full with Water
my Faceskin red and old porous

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
I became less aggressive on Propecia. It made me more emotional and I cried more over silly things. This didn't happen every day of course but there was a definite pattern.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
IrishFella said:
^^

We get it, gho5, you're just looking for silly excuses not to take it, not that I care whether you do or not, but seriously, stop looking for any little excuse.

Looking for excuses? that's a bit disrespectful tbh - no, showing concern for my health is what it is. Trust me, I would love it to be another way. Three people already agreeing that it changed their personality in a way consistent with higher estrogen...it's gutting to read.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
gh05 said:
IrishFella said:
^^

Looking for excuses? that's a bit disrespectful tbh - no, showing concern for my health is what it is. Trust me, I would love it to be another way. Three people already agreeing that it changed their personality in a way consistent with higher estrogen...it's gutting to read.
Give RU a shot. Seems legit without much side effects.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gh05 said:
IrishFella said:
^^

You're right, I apologize, but you are looking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much into what the lads say.

Do the countless studies not alleviate your worries? The 5 year Japanese study which was an independent study in fact, which yielded almost identical results to Merck's study?

If you're like me, and you are constantly thinking about your hair and feeling miserable then you'd be on it, if it helps in any way, since I've been taking it I've being nothing but happy, seeing your own thinning temple filling back in is indescribable, just hope you don't regret it is all.

K

kehcorpz

gh05 said:
Hmm, above answers being a sign of higher estrogen.

Wouldn't being temperamental be a sign of higher testosterone? You know sort of like steroid users who also take anti-aromatase become temperamental and the term is well known as "roid rage".

Anyways, all I noticed was more confidence.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
IrishFella said:
You're right, I apologize, but you are looking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much into what the lads say.

Do the countless studies not alleviate your worries? The 5 year Japanese study which was an independent study in fact, which yielded almost identical results to Merck's study?

If you're like me, and you are constantly thinking about your hair and feeling miserable then you'd be on it, if it helps in any way, since I've been taking it I've being nothing but happy, seeing your own thinning temple filling back in is indescribable, just hope you don't regret it is all.

Cheers. To be honest the more I've read, the more I feel concerned. Anecdotal reports like yours totally make me want to jump on it but I have SO many objections to taking it too that i don't know where to start (long term effects, potential irreversible sides confirmed by the labelling changes, sexual sides which have happened to me on an SSRI before which made me swore i would never risk my health like that again, increased estrogen as an athlete, new reports of fertility issues, the fear of having to stop finasteride and experiencing much more sudden catch up hair loss etc etc etc!) - that said, yes I do hate having hair loss so I will closely monitor how things are going and if it starts to get more aggressive then I'll reconsider.

Either way, I'm very happy for anyone who is having great results without too many sides and improved confidence as a result. I can empathise with anyone who has suffered like I have.

Oh, and kehcorpz - less aggressive and more emotional which seems to always be described by users from finasteride is as i understand it a combination of the reduction of dht and the increase in estrogen. I wish I was wrong (feel free anyone to challenge it) but I don't think i am.

Faithless_X

Reaction score
kehcorpz said:
gh05 said:
Hmm, above answers being a sign of higher estrogen.

Wouldn't being temperamental be a sign of higher testosterone? You know sort of like steroid users who also take anti-aromatase become temperamental and the term is well known as "roid rage".

Anyways, all I noticed was more confidence.

I can vouch for kehcorpz claim of more confidence. I started taking saw palmetto twice daily for the last 2 weeks and I've noticed a boost in confidence. I know saw palmetto is only a supplement but it essentially does the same thing as finasteride but to a much lesser degree.

Ive been contemplating with the idea of taking finasteride for the past few days. I have a script from my GP sitting besides me atm.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
ive added a poll, please vote and express how youve changed or not changed with a reply.