did I induce a shed by switching from standard minoxidil to minoxidil + retinol?

phoenix01

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using the Kirkland stuff (5% minoxidil) then switched (about a month ago) to 5% minoxidil with retinol and this is the worst my hair has ever looked, just WOW... diffusing all over the place, handful of bald patches. How long until I recover?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh......I’m starting to wonder the same. I was using minoxidil foam melted down to liquid for the past 6 - 8 months once everyday with maybe maintenance at the least but maybe not. Anyway, I looked back at old pictures when I was using a more expensive minoxidil with 10% minoxidil, fluocinalone acetonide 0.025%, cetrizine 1%, and retinoic acid. When using this brand it looked like my crown was starting to fill in at 4 months. I only stopped because it was too expensive. Now I said hell with the price and switched back a month ago. About two weeks in, using every other day, I noticed that I can see more scalp. Close to a month in now and I can definitely see a bit more scalp.

no irritation.....you would think it would be a good shed if studies mean anything.

Last edited: