Did I get worse?

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, feeling a little bit paranoid about my hair lately. I have just shot some new pictures and I'm affraid I've lost some ground with my hair line... Regarding density, it's impossible to say since the lighting is very different in the pics of a few months ago vs now. But that having said, my hair feels like it's a lot weaker right now. I also shed a lot the past few weeks. Could this be just a cycle or is it progression of male pattern baldness? Also, I have been a bit lousy regarding my regime (especially RU and minoxidil, maybe 1 out of 2 days applying the last couple of weeks). Could this have caused some changes in my hair?

Beneath are the pictures of August 2015

20150806_231337.jpg20150806_231346.jpg20150806_231357.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the pictures I just shot (so December 2015). I've drawn my hair line with a pencil on my head to make it even more easy to see. There's approx 4 months between these pictures.

20151204_023508.jpg20151204_023521.jpg20151204_023849.jpg20151204_023902.jpg20151204_024958.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm already on:
- 0.5mg dutasteride/day, 5 months(started in July 2015, switched from approx 6 months finasteride to dutasteride)
- 2ml minoxidil once a day, 10 months
- 35mg RU on hair line only once a day, 12 months (though I've played with dosage a lot, am on a relatively low dosage now)

I don't really know what to add anymore to my regime... But do you guys think I receded a bit? What Norwood am I currently? Should I change something about my regime?

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks better to me, but the angles and lightning are different.

Couple of questions: How much did you spend on RU for the 1 year? what vehicle did you use?

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks better to me, but the angles and lightning are different.

Couple of questions: How much did you spend on RU for the 1 year? what vehicle did you use?

Better, really? Heh well if you say so... I agree about lighting and angles. I didn't have the same lighting as I live in a different home now and regarding angles, i find that I'm having a lot of trouble with keeping the angles consistent thoughout my progress pics...

Let's see, I have bought RU two times so far for $180 so $360 so far. But I still have like 40% of my 2nd batch, so I guess I've spend like $300 or something. On top of that, there are some things like ethanol, propylene glycol and a mg scale you have to buy, but the cost for this aren't that high really.

But if you mean how much my current regime with 35mg would cost me for 1 year: with one batch of 10g I can get 10,000/35 = 286 days of RU. So 1 year with this regime would prob cost me about $225 (too lazy to do the exact math but you get the idea). I haven't counted shipment costs btw.

I use 70% ethanol / 30% Propylene glycol as a vehicle.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Better, really? Heh well if you say so... I agree about lighting and angles. I didn't have the same lighting as I live in a different home now and regarding angles, i find that I'm having a lot of trouble with keeping the angles consistent thoughout my progress pics...

Let's see, I have bought RU two times so far for $180 so $360 so far. But I still have like 40% of my 2nd batch, so I guess I've spend like $300 or something. On top of that, there are some things like ethanol, propylene glycol and a mg scale you have to buy, but the cost for this aren't that high really.

But if you mean how much my current regime with 35mg would cost me for 1 year: with one batch of 10g I can get 10,000/35 = 286 days of RU. So 1 year with this regime would prob cost me about $225 (too lazy to do the exact math but you get the idea). I haven't counted shipment costs btw.

I use 70% ethanol / 30% Propylene glycol as a vehicle.

Ive checked a few times and it does appear thicker, anyways still a great head of hair imo :)

Thank you! Ru bought from Kane?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks great. Don't really see the point with dutasteride and RU. finasteride should be sufficient if you don't got very aggressive hairloss.