Did I Experience Regrowth? Or Is It Lighting?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I'm looking back on some photos from a time when I experimented with clobetesol propionate and I'm wondering if I experienced regrowth during that period. I remember thinking I did, however I'd like some validation that it wasn't in my own head. In you're opinion how much can lighting/styling explain the change here?

These photos are 6 months apart.

For more context this is also the time when I started minoxidil, which I attribute to most of the regrowth/maintenance however I stopped clobetasol around the time my hair loss began to progress further, and I'm just now realizing that corelation.
IMG_20180731_205635.jpg
IMG_20180731_205954.jpg

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly looks like increased density to me

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cant tell because of different angle lighting and quality of picture

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like density got better but it's always tough to tell if you take photos in different settings. Go out and take a photo outdoors again.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try clobetesol propionate. I moved houses and as I have difficulty adjusting to change it fell out of my regimine and I completely forgot about it. Just now as I'm looking back I began realizing that it must have had a significant impact as I began losing a ton of hair around that time. I just got back on it and will provide updates if I recover to a noticible extent.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
there's quite a bit of evidence lately of results by corticosteriods.

So I'm looking back on some photos from a time when I experimented with clobetesol propionate
did you rub it on your head?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's quite a bit of evidence lately of results by corticosteriods.

did you rub it on your head?
I did, it comes in a solution which is indistinguishable from water in every way but smell, if I saw it in an unlabeled container I would swear it was rubbing alcohol. I used it VERY infrequently and am going to give it another try after I see my dermatologist to refill my prescription. My results were pretty good in my ipin5and when they faded I assumed it was Minoxidilnlosing it's efficiency, however I have new doubts as that's EXACTLY the time I quit clobetesol. I stopped using it because I misunderstood it's purpouse due to it's unassuming form and assumed it was doing the same thing as ketoconazole shampoo and removing plauqe. Now that I know better and that's it was a strong steroid all this time I'm very eager to get back on it. I'll post an update if I notice similar regrowth, as I've been on Minoxidil this entire time there would even no other explanation

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, it comes in a solution which is indistinguishable from water in every way but smell, if I saw it in an unlabeled container I would swear it was rubbing alcohol. I used it VERY infrequently and am going to give it another try after I see my dermatologist to refill my prescription. My results were pretty good in my ipin5and when they faded I assumed it was Minoxidilnlosing it's efficiency, however I have new doubts as that's EXACTLY the time I quit clobetesol. I stopped using it because I misunderstood it's purpouse due to it's unassuming form and assumed it was doing the same thing as ketoconazole shampoo and removing plauqe. Now that I know better and that's it was a strong steroid all this time I'm very eager to get back on it. I'll post an update if I notice similar regrowth, as I've been on Minoxidil this entire time there would even no other explanation
it definitely does more than shampoo. topical corticosteriods thin the skin, I believe this is a benefit because balding scalp is thicker than non bald.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it definitely does more than shampoo. topical corticosteriods thin the skin, I believe this is a benefit because balding scalp is thicker than non bald.
My thoughts exactly. Do you have any more information on corticosteroids? Has a study been done that I'm unaware of?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Do you have any more information on corticosteroids? Has a study been done that I'm unaware of?
I`m not aware of any studies. But I've seen anedotes on this site.