Did Gastroparesis kill another part of my life? (pics included)

forean

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
nice to have this chance to exchange here. And sorry in advance for my English, since I am no native speaker.

I experienced major nerve damage in the stomach almost 3 years ago (mid 2018) due to a short term (neglectable) medication and in consequence developed gastroparesis: an irreversible paralysis of the stomach, which decreased quality of life immensly. As I am constantly struggling with the symptoms of a damaged stomach, I just recently noticed that my hair also changed over the time of the disease, getting visibly thinner all around. I also noticed, that I am kinda balding at the crown, which was a real shock for me, since no one in my family had similar issues. My grandpas even had the thickest, fullest hair till the end.

So I am wondering about the following: despite being malnutritioned especially at the beginning of gastroparesis time, I should be good in terms of nutrition since over a year. The bloodwork that has been done depicted an image of a young and healthy man (so my physician, if one wouldnt know about the gp). Ofc the stress of going through the same, life altering sh*t of pain, regurgitating and nausea every damn day takes its toll on the mental side, so perhaps this could be a factor too in the seemingly developing baldness. But wouldnt that be random spots on the head then? And doesnt this look more like hereditary hair loss?

I am asking this specific, since it would give me some peace of mind, if this new development would not be associated with the disease, that has already changed so much for me; and not for the better.

I reckon if I could get my hair to grow thicker again (in fairness, it has never really been so thick), it would help with the back area of my had.

I attached some images, the first three, being just month before the stomach damaging (in 2018). The last 4 all from 2021. Some with gel, which especially reveal the issue.

So what do you guys think? Could it also just be a time thing, since it is 3 years between these pics and my perspective is going bald, since it is " just" alopecia androgenetica? I am 34yo btw.

Thanks much!

Attachments

• 2018 - with gel.jpg
    2018 - with gel.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 188
  • feb. 2018 - with light gel.jpg
    feb. 2018 - with light gel.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 173
  • feb. 2018.jpg
    feb. 2018.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 160
  • almost recently.jpg
    almost recently.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 155
  • recently - with gel.jpg
    recently - with gel.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 164
  • recently.jpg
    recently.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 168
  • recently with gel.jpg
    recently with gel.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like male pattern baldness to me, why did you not test finasteride during these 4 years?

forean

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like male pattern baldness to me, why did you not test finasteride during these 4 years?
Why would I test this 4 years ago, when it was fine not even 3 years ago? Also, as I stated, I got severely sick and had other priorities; didnt realize sth was off since a few months and at first deemed it as just thinning due to the gastroparesis.

So male pattern baldness it is? Could it be favored by the underlying illness of mine?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were already thinning in 2018. Maybe your malnutrition made it worse. But I think it’s male pattern baldness progressing

forean

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were already thinning in 2018. Maybe your malnutrition made it worse. But I think it’s male pattern baldness progressing
where did u see thinning 2018? are we talking hair getting thinner in general or hair getting less dense (also in specific areas like the crown)? i still cant see it, feb 2018 pic looks fine for me.

i also have an itching especially on top of the head. i think that could be related, right?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
where did u see thinning 2018? are we talking hair getting thinner in general or hair getting less dense (also in specific areas like the crown)? i still cant see it, feb 2018 pic looks fine for me.

i also have an itching especially on top of the head. i think that could be related, right?
Your crown was thinning in 2018 and somewhat in your temples.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I test this 4 years ago, when it was fine not even 3 years ago? Also, as I stated, I got severely sick and had other priorities; didnt realize sth was off since a few months and at first deemed it as just thinning due to the gastroparesis.

So male pattern baldness it is? Could it be favored by the underlying illness of mine?

by any chance did you have parasites?

you mentioned nutrition was good. Can you break down what you ate on daily basis during 4 year period? Hairloss comes down to hypoxia

forean

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown was thinning in 2018 and somewhat in your temples.
Temples have been like that for years..are temples like that always the first step of male pattern baldness? Because I would have stayed in that stage for like 10 years.

by any chance did you have parasites?

you mentioned nutrition was good. Can you break down what you ate on daily basis during 4 year period? Hairloss comes down to hypoxia
What indicates parasites for you? But no, I certainly dont have parasites :)
It was 3 years...and "only" the first 1 to 1 1/2 years were citritical. there were weeks i ate like 500 calories max in average on a day, i think. dont know about some defficancies but it sure wasnt complete nurtrition. lost about 8kg with around 70kg normal wheight.

Btw. Is itching at the top an indication for ketozolin shampoo or is there a diagnostical measure i should take first?

Thanks guys!

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Temples have been like that for years..are temples like that always the first step of male pattern baldness? Because I would have stayed in that stage for like 10 years.

What indicates parasites for you? But no, I certainly dont have parasites :)
It was 3 years...and "only" the first 1 to 1 1/2 years were citritical. there were weeks i ate like 500 calories max in average on a day, i think. dont know about some defficancies but it sure wasnt complete nurtrition. lost about 8kg with around 70kg normal wheight.

Btw. Is itching at the top an indication for ketozolin shampoo or is there a diagnostical measure i should take first?

Thanks guys!

ah starvation of nutrients...I had part of that as my problem too.

Itching on scalp is irritation. What keto shampoo are you using because I have bad experience with nizoral shampoo due to the other ingredients in it.

forean

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
sorry for the late reply.

I got me some minoxidil spray. So for all the guys, that said, that my disease isnt related to the hair loss: If things like minoxidil, which simply stimulate blood circulation, help with genetic hair loss, shouldnt genetic hair loss also be conditioned/worsened by things, that influence the blood circulation, like diseases? ;) I mean if sth is prone to that measurements, like its seems to be the case with male pattern baldness, it should not only be prone to for the better.

Also: Is it valid, what the user above me (now banned!?) said about hypoxia being the culprit for male pattern baldness? If so, hypoxia would be linked to blood supply of the head, right?