Did bodily Hypertrichosis indicate that Minoxidil was effective with your scalp hair?

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please vote on this poll to establish whether an association exists with bodily hypertrichosis and Minoxidil responsiveness with scalp hair.
029E4762-29C2-41F5-B6F2-2AD27FC3CDB7.png

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or maybe 'very nasty bodily hypertrichosis and few vellus hairs on the hairline that can only be seen with certain bright lights'
That's the same as no scalp results if the scalp results cannot be seen easily with the naked eye you do not have scalp results imo. Having a microscopic improvement only visible via macro pics or dermoscopy is bullshit imo

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not a good poll at all. Like others said. I would also add, hair regrowth and no bodily hypertrichosis.

You are eliminating a bunch of would be voters by not adding some hypertrichosis and no scalp hair regrowth.

If this poll becomes popular and stumbled on by some poor young soul looking for hair loss treatment, they will take minoxidil and think that because they see body hair growth, that means they will see some scalp hair regrowth as well.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not a good poll at all. Like others said. I would also add, hair regrowth and no bodily hypertrichosis.

You are eliminating a bunch of would be voters by not adding some hypertrichosis and no scalp hair regrowth.

If this poll becomes popular and stumbled on by some poor young soul looking for hair loss treatment, they will take minoxidil and think that because they see body hair growth, that means they will see some scalp hair regrowth as well.
He is eliminating most of the votes imo by not adding body hypertrichosis but no scalp results lol

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The poll is limited to 6 options. If I could add more options I would have, but I am limited to the tools I have acccess to.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The poll is limited to 6 options. If I could add more options I would have, but I am limited to the tools I have acccess to.
Yeah but you didn't include one of the most important aspects of a legit poll lol that's why this poll is just useless

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes same for me body hair that I didn't have before starting oral minoxidil I had the body hair of a teen girl
I also have no results on scalp. So body hypertrichosis dies not mean it's working for the scalp hair

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes same for me body hair that I didn't have before starting oral minoxidil I had the body hair of a teen girl
I also have no results on scalp. So body hypertrichosis dies not mean it's working for the scalp hair
Well the drug is definitely reaching the follicles if it is reaching the rest of your hair. However it just goes to show how important it is to address the androgenic side of things, since minoxidil can only do so much. Without addressing androgens sufficiently, it's like you're swimming against the current, and an extra paddle (minoxidil) can only do so much. Slow that current down (antiandrogens, etc) and your second paddle becomes much more valuable.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the drug is definitely reaching the follicles if it is reaching the rest of your hair. However it just goes to show how important it is to address the androgenic side of things, since minoxidil can only do so much. Without addressing androgens sufficiently, it's like you're swimming against the current, and an extra paddle (minoxidil) can only do so much. Slow that current down (antiandrogens, etc) and your second paddle becomes much more valuable.
Lol bro I've beeen on 1.25mg finasteride for 15 years and dutasteride 0.5mg for 5 months oral min 5mg for 5 months and topical minoxidil and micro needling and some other treatments bitmoprost,citerzine,vitimin d ,sink copper etc etc and I've had a hairtransplant lol nothing will work for me I am doomed

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol bro I've beeen on 1.25mg finasteride for 15 years and dutasteride 0.5mg for 5 months oral min 5mg for 5 months and topical minoxidil and micro needling and some other treatments bitmoprost,citerzine,vitimin d ,sink copper etc etc and I've had a hairtransplant lol nothing will work for me I am doomed
Try a topical antiandrogen

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on several meds too and still losing hair and shedding more than I used too. As @Mr. Slap Head says, try topical antiandrogen. It eased the itchiness and my shedding is highly decreased. I've been using it for 2 weeks and it has done more for my hair than dutasteride did in a year and a half.