Did anyone ever notice you are concealing it?

G

I will have to use it for the bald spot on my crown. Did anyone ever point out that there is "something in your hair"? It would be so humilating I think :cry:

CCS

Reaction score
no. but my friend asked me if I had a haircut. He noticed my hair looked different, and good, and thought I had a hair cut. I told him I had one a few weeks ago.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I've had people mention something about it but I just tell them I'm using hair wax or product or something else. You don't have to tell them you using a concealer just a different hair spray or something very vauge about it usually works if someone does mention something. Just play it off, IMO.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Only us hairloss sufferers are even aware of these products. The general public have no idea that they even exist.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Only us hairloss sufferers are even aware of these products. The general public have no idea that they even exist.

I agree specially if you use the product on the crown its pretty much undetectable.

Kansta

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

thats exactly it!

None of my friends know... I sit in crowded pubs etc with full confidence! The only thing I notice is that where my hairs very thin at the back with toppik, if my hair grows out i develop like a flat spot at the back... Only some people might understand what i mean by that... Its because i suppose in reality there really isnt that much hair there?!

s.a.f

Reaction score
The worst thing that could probably happen is if you did'nt get a good colour match someone may accuse you of dyeing your hair.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used nanogen for a few months and no one had a clue. if your hair is fairly long then you may get an odd looking flat patch, and too short and it doesn't work. so you've got to keep your hair length between those two.

when i shaved my head and told people why, everyone said they had no idea I was losing any hair at all and were all quite surprised.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
taug, what do you plan on using? toppik or dermmatch?

I hope he gains some confidence after he tries any of those things.

After all, its his attitude ruins his social life.

CCS

Reaction score
I point it out to people, and they still don't see it, and don't believe me that I'm wearing anything. Then I look in the mirror and see why. Good stuff. Unfortunately you can't lower your hair line except maybe 1/8 inch in the corners. I saw a guy lower his 1/2 inch. looked good, but I could tell from 20 feet away that something was a bit off.

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I point it out to people, and they still don't see it, and don't believe me that I'm wearing anything.

Why the heck do you do that? It kinda ruins the whole point of using it in the first place.

CCS said:
Then I look in the mirror and see why. Good stuff. Unfortunately you can't lower your hair line except maybe 1/8 inch in the corners. I saw a guy lower his 1/2 inch. looked good, but I could tell from 20 feet away that something was a bit off.

Where was this?, at the dermatch users annual get together. :D

ShedMaster

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
I point it out to people, and they still don't see it, and don't believe me that I'm wearing anything.

Why the heck do you do that? It kinda ruins the whole point of using it in the first place.

CCS said:
Then I look in the mirror and see why. Good stuff. Unfortunately you can't lower your hair line except maybe 1/8 inch in the corners. I saw a guy lower his 1/2 inch. looked good, but I could tell from 20 feet away that something was a bit off.

Where was this?, at the dermatch users annual get together. :D

very good questions.

CCS

Reaction score
the guy I saw was my psychology professor. he was wearing black dermmatch. I don't know what his Norwood was, since it was hidden enough, but I could tell that something was not right with his hairline, and maybe it was painted on. Not shiny though. Was not obvious at first, but then I started focussing and could tell something was up. That was from 20 feet away. I once stood 4 feet away from him, but forgot to look to see his hair. So I still don't know exactly what was going on. Did not jump out up close, though I'm sure someone could tell if they were looking.