Diagnosed by a so called 'Dr' that I have male pattern baldness 18yr old...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well for 98% of users they seem to be. :agree:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Well for 98% of users they seem to be. :agree:

For 98% of guinea pigs who rely on money from drug studies to pay the bills...oh I'm SURE these people are reliable sources of anecdotal data.

Are you that naive or just being a troll as usual?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah, finesteride is no good thats why its a poor seller and nobody on here uses it. :jackit:
Do you even know what a troll is?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah, finesteride is no good thats why its a poor seller and nobody on here uses it. :jackit:
Do you even know what a troll is?

Yeah it's some douche who trolls boards looking to start sh*t. That's your MO, isn't it? I've had you on ignore for a coon's age though so I wouldn't know if you've changed your ways...doesn't seem so...My advice: lose the homo-esque smileys, only you and troll #1 bubka use them.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By the way, cocaine is a good seller as well.

Edit: Did you think I implied finasteride was not effective or something? Umm obviously it IS effective....is that what you mean by "good"? Try to use terms like "effective" and/or "safe" for anyone who will talk to you in the future.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Yeah it's some douche who trolls boards looking to start s***. That's your MO, isn't it? I've had you on ignore for a coon's age though so I wouldn't know if you've changed your ways...doesn't seem so...My advice: lose the homo-esque smileys, only you and troll #1 bubka use them.

I'd like to bet that reputation amongst the users of this forum is more highly regarded than yours. :whistle:

I was'nt starting sh*t I was just trying to give advice about the med that is currently the worlds no1 and most effective hairloss treatment.
As used by the vast majority of posters on this board, most of whom have success with it and no side effects. :mrgreen:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f. I'd like to apologize for being a dick.

I would like to reply to your post like a gentlemen though, because I disagree.

Firstly, I fail to see how anyone really "needs" a hair transplant to begin with. It's a cosmetic procedure. I also fail to see how follecular unit extractions would be an unethical procedure at any time, espeically on the crown where the recipient would not risk having "devil horns" so to speak if he lost his original hair after getting a hair transplant. The only thing that I can see going wrong is that one would lose donor hair that could have better been used elsewhere.

With respect to finasteride and safety issues, I would tend to concur that most people experience no side effects. I would even recommend it to those who have aggressive hair loss in their family. I just find it troubling it is always recommended as treatment option #1 despite all of the information that has been shed over the years here by posters such as Michael Berry. The treatment options he has uncovered will likely never be tested in expensive clinical trials, but certainly appear (to uneducated me at least) to show a lot of promise.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ok apology accepted. I agree nobody needs a hair transplant especially someone with as much hair as this guy. IMO its not worth having surgery unless you actually have a worthwhile amount and this guys 'problem' could be resolved with at the very most a couple of hundred grafts.

Finasteride may have side effects in a very small % of users but they are not permanant and the fact that a huge majority of posters are happy to take it and feel that it is benificial is a pretty good testament.
The reason it is recommended as the #1 treatment is because of the results, nothing else has been as effective.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Alrite guys I am going to listen to folically challenged and purchase Finpecia... Does everyone thing thats alright?

Thanks fellas!

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I agree about hair transplant's being a cosmetic procedure. You dont have to be bald to get one. Hell if you want a more hairy chest then i cant see why you cant get one :dunno:

But can this kid really get a few 100 grafts placed into his crown with that little amount of hairloss safely?

Wouldnt that cause some kind of shockloss?

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys reckon I should only order a month or two supply of generic finasteride and see how I go that way if any problems (sides) occur I haven't wasted heaps of money.

So apart from the generic finasteride should I order anything else or use anything else while on finasteride?

I was told to stay away from Minotixil (sp) because it makes your hair much worse before it gets any better... How worse exactly?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I agree about hair transplant's being a cosmetic procedure. You dont have to be bald to get one. Hell if you want a more hairy chest then i cant see why you cant get one :dunno:

But can this kid really get a few 100 grafts placed into his crown with that little amount of hairloss safely?

if it did cause chock loss it would grow back so how is this a safety issue?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

Shockloss can be perminant if im not mistaken?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
metalheaddude said:

Shockloss can be perminant if im not mistaken?

I've never seen or heard of that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most shockloss is temporary but shockloss can be permanent if the hair is in a miniturised state or if the follicle is transected during surgery.

Ichibi

Reaction score
Funny how you guys totally ignore the OP and have your little discussions on the side. Not that it's irrelevant in this forum, but irrelevant to the OP.

Jake_89 said:
You guys reckon I should only order a month or two supply of generic finasteride and see how I go that way if any problems (sides) occur I haven't wasted heaps of money.

So apart from the generic finasteride should I order anything else or use anything else while on finasteride?

I was told to stay away from Minotixil (sp) because it makes your hair much worse before it gets any better... How worse exactly?

Yea order what seems reasonable for testing, you can always buy more, selling preowned drugs is a different story.

I don't think you need anything else, if there was something it would be minoxidil, but you're still in a very early stage, if you keep what you got now you'll be good. minoxidil causes shedding which is part of the "cure" you gotta shed your older, weaker hairs before stronger rooted ones come in.

If you ordered Finpecia (1mg) or whatever, I would reccomend cutting the tablet into 1/4s (.25) to save money, and so you don't put excess amount of finasteride in your body. There's been studies, I don't have a link, but it's somewhere on these boards, that say only .2mg is absorbed by your body and that's all it needs to control DHT level. But then there are those who take 1.25mg (proscar 5mg cut into 1/4's), its up to you.

Your hair is still in real good shape, remember to take care of your health before taking drugs to replace natural means of living.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Ichibi said:
Funny how you guys totally ignore the OP and have your little discussions on the side. Not that it's irrelevant in this forum, but irrelevant to the OP.

Jake_89 said:

Yea order what seems reasonable for testing, you can always buy more, selling preowned drugs is a different story.

I don't think you need anything else, if there was something it would be minoxidil, but you're still in a very early stage, if you keep what you got now you'll be good. minoxidil causes shedding which is part of the "cure" you gotta shed your older, weaker hairs before stronger rooted ones come in.

If you ordered Finpecia (1mg) or whatever, I would reccomend cutting the tablet into 1/4s (.25) to save money, and so you don't put excess amount of finasteride in your body. There's been studies, I don't have a link, but it's somewhere on these boards, that say only .2mg is absorbed by your body and that's all it needs to control DHT level. But then there are those who take 1.25mg (proscar 5mg cut into 1/4's), its up to you.

Your hair is still in real good shape, remember to take care of your health before taking drugs to replace natural means of living.

Thank you for your advice!

And yes, I was thinking about cutting the 1mg into half atleast? since i read the same thing.

I ordered the today lets hope it gets thru aussie customs

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Jake, I think you should:

1) Go to another, proper doctor, preferably a dermatologist. Not a hair loss clinic where people are trying to make money.

2) Get blood tests done.

3) You may not have male pattern baldness. But if you do, it's very early, so your lucky. If the doctor says you have male pattern baldness, talk with him about the safety of Propecia. Propecia is a very safe drug but it may not be good for you since brain develops until early 20's and Propecia reduces DHT which is involved in development or something. I'm not sure. Just talk all of this with a proper doctor.

4) Dont use generic finasteride! You dont know whats in that!

PS: Is your hair wet in the pics?