DHT topical, regime advice needed, without finasteride.

n1kki66

Reaction score
I have searched a few sites and everything seems to be 50/50 with people opinions. I am 23 and have been on fincar for about a year, i would like to discontinue using it for the simple fact no one really seems to know what it would do to reproduction, i have read many things that worry me and dont want to risk it as i plan on having kids by the time i am 28. I know its a toss up but i havent found any studies on sperm health.

I am using 5% minoxidil right now and my hair seems to have thickened since i have been using it twice a day for the last few months, previously i was using it once a day for a couple years but it was hard to stay.

I also use nizoral and american crew revitalize shampoo which i am quite impressed with, my scalp irritation has really decreased since starting on the AC.

If i stop the finasteride should i try some spironolactone, and what percentage or both. I am diffuse thinning and the lotion would be easy to apply on the hairline but not on my vertex. If i went with both lotion for front, liquid for back how long could i expect each to last from minoxidil.com. Also how should i apply it with the minoxidil. What other dht blocker would people recommend if not spironolactone. I have read some stuff about fluril but doubt it doesnt look like i can afford it.

I am also wondering if i shoud add tricomin or American crews revitalize spray to regime as well.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont believe there is a topical that is effective at blocking Test->DHT enough to help hairloss. Some people do, but I just havent seen enough evidence to convince me.

I long for the day that we can use only topicals instead of injesting drugs.

n1kki66

Reaction score
What is the most popular regime for people not using finasteride. I might just be getting alittle paranoid but its something i dont want to risk.

minoxidil, spironolactone, Tricomin?
minoxidil, spironolactone, Revivogen?

n1kki66

Reaction score
Thinning said:
I dont believe there is a topical that is effective at blocking Test->DHT enough to help hairloss. Some people do, but I just havent seen enough evidence to convince me.

I long for the day that we can use only topicals instead of injesting drugs.
I am kinda under that impression also. I have had some pretty good results so maybe i should just stick with it. Its just seems since starting finasteride i have had weeks where i feel almost exhausted i dont know if this is a cause. THis week sometime i am going to go get my thyroid checked as well. I just cant imagine i body makes dht for no reason, and i doubt the reason is so our hair falls out, so i am guessing it doing something for me so thats another reason i would like to stop the finasteride.

n1kki66

Reaction score
on eother thing that kind of worries me is that i have a varicocele vein and dont want to risk it any longer.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinning said:

Really? How do you explain the fact that in the stumptailed macaque studies, topical RU58841 was more effective than even HUGE doses of oral finasteride (1 mg/kg/day)??

Bryan

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Thinning said:

Really? How do you explain the fact that in the stumptailed macaque studies, topical RU58841 was more effective than even HUGE doses of oral finasteride (1 mg/kg/day)??

Bryan

Bryan: Is RU58841 EVER going to become available? (I mean readily available?)