Dht Test Result: 560 Pg/ml (median)

Zulu89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my DHT results today: 560 pg/ml Ref: 250-990 pg/ml

It looks like I am hovering around the median range. I assume finasteride at 1mg eliminates 71% of DHT serum, thus I'd expect the value to decline to 168 pg/ml after usage. Is there a way to administer dosage intake to keep the value >= 250 & < 300?

I understand the scalp receptors sensitivity factor which seems to be immeasurable. I just would like to reduce DHT at minimum while maintaining normal range.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my DHT results today: 560 pg/ml Ref: 250-990 pg/ml

It looks like I am hovering around the median range. I assume finasteride at 1mg eliminates 71% of DHT serum, thus I'd expect the value to decline to 168 pg/ml after usage. Is there a way to administer dosage intake to keep the value >= 250 & < 300?

I understand the scalp receptors sensitivity factor which seems to be immeasurable. I just would like to reduce DHT at minimum while maintaining normal range.

0.05 mg/day of finasteride is enough to give you a 60+% reduction in serum DHT. In contrast, a 0.01 mg/day dose of finasteride gives no reduction. So the sweet spot is somewhere in between those two doses.

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you taking 1mg of finasteride every day? How long have you been on finasteride? Your DHT is still very high.

Zulu89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking 1mg of finasteride every day? How long have you been on finasteride? Your DHT is still very high.
I started 1mg/day finasteride post taking the test. I am re-testing every 3 months to monitor my state.

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
I started 1mg/day finasteride post taking the test. I am re-testing every 3 months to monitor my state.

At the time you took the test, you were just starting, you had not taken any finasteride, right? So this is your baseline, correct?

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly.

So this confirms all the readings I've done: balding men don't necessarily have a level of T and DHT than non-balding men, its how sensitive balding men's hair follicles to the DHT.

We balding men need to crush all the DHT as best we can since our hair follicles are sensitive to this hormone.

Zulu89

My Regimen
Reaction score
For young men you need an effective DHT inhibitor in scalp only. And an effective growth stimulant as well. Topical solutions! By effective I mean 99%, anything less will be mediocre. All money spent on other treatments are worthless and ineffective. The italian treatment sounds plausible so far, yet pending results. So, until then....

My concern on 5ARs inhibitors is linked with its sides effects. There is a study currently underway which I think is by far the most comprehensive of its kind that should clear up many concerns regarding finasteride/dutasteride:
AN EPIDEMIOLOGIC EVALUATION OF ADVERSE EVENTS OF 5-ALPHA-REDUCTASE INHIBITORS
Code: 5R21DK100820-02

And today I received an email from the PI:

We currently have 3 publications under review. Keep your eyes out for them in the next months.

Regards,
Susan Jick DSc, Professor of Epidemiology
Director Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program
Boston University School of Public Health
11 Muzzey Street
Lexington, MA 02421
781-862-6660