Dht-pdg2 Cascade: What I'm Missing?

aemxle

Reaction score
Hi everyone men. English is not my first language, so please try to forgive me. Long time reader here, and almost ready to try setipiprant... i had great result on fina, but great sexual side effect too... so....

My question: for what i undestand inibit Dht is the begin of the cascade, that in the end lowered pdg2 too... i'm right? So the sense is just to lower pdg2 (use of setipiprant) to avoid the sides effecf of lowered Dht.

What i am asking is: we know that the use of setipiprant could lead to certain sides effect: dry eyes, dry skin, insomnia...

Why we don't have this type of sides effect under the use of finasteride? If the cascade is "lower Dht---->lower pdg2" why we don't have sides effect like insomnia or dry eyes when we are under finasteride?

leMiserable

My Regimen
Reaction score
2lca1b5.png

Setipiprant is a CRTH2 antagonist, in lay terms it means it binds to that receptor everywhere in the body and tries to shut it down basically, similar to what finasteride does to 5AR.
Short answer is Seti goes systemic just like finasteride does, the effects of dry eyes, insomnia and whatnot is because of systemic absorption, the cascade you see here is misleading to you in the sense that blocking 5AR does not mean blocking CRTH2, different mechanisms altogether and blocking one won't affect the other.
The cascade goes like this:
Block 5AR => less DHT => PTGDS down => less PGD2
OR
Block CRTH2 => PTGDS down => less PGD2

You can see why in theory it wouldn't do that much to stack finasteride and Seti, as they both work in mediating PGD2 in the end..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course.

aemxle

Reaction score
Ok i understood. So for these reasons the "sides effect" of setipiprant are different from finasteride... different way of action, but maybe similar result... thank you