DHT Inhibitor Antiandrogen With No Sexual Side Effects

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I've been off Keratene for two days and I am still having rash/itch breakouts...might not be enough time for it to rid of my system...will monitor...

..I've had these rash out-breaks before and I never knew why..they went away after awhile when taking some antihistamine...something in my system is not right

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't read all pgs but if u r getting off of it that means it didn't work out.
I've been off Keratene for two days and I am still having rash/itch breakouts...might not be enough time for it to rid of my system...will monitor...

..I've had these rash out-breaks before and I never knew why..they went away after awhile when taking some antihistamine...something in my system is not right

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I haven't read all pgs but if u r getting off of it that means it didn't work out.

Yeah-- because I am having an allergic reaction to the product --- I believe..gonna get off it and see if the rashes stop...if i didn't get the rashes I'd stick with it..you need to stick with this for about 8-12 months , end of story...three months isn't going to do a lot for an aggressive diffuse thinner

ABJac

Reaction score
After seeing the scar left by ACELL+PRP, forget that noise...will just hold on until that new FUE tool comes out and scarless donor is here[/QUOTE]

What are you referring to when you say scar left by acell+prp? I have had several consultation with a few of the most well versed doctors in this area, and there has never been any adverse results mentioned in any way. The make up of all the components eliminate any adverse reaction to the actual treatment, it is administered with a brand new state of the art gun like machine that evenly punched very tiny injections sites, and the healing time I was told is about 48 hours, and the worst reaction they have every experienced was prolonged redness of the scalp, so I just curious how a scar would even be possible.

As for this forum, I thought I would jump in here and share my experience. I have been on KaR for about 3.5 months now, and the week before I started, I had professionally taken photos from every angle of my head in a hair studio designed to accurately assess hair loss. I also have a treatment scheduled for acell+prp w/ other ingredients as well. Fortunately, my hairline is only in a matured state now, but overall i am thinning in a N3 pattern, but am currently holding at N2 density. I also shave my head very short anyways, always have. I can say without a doubt, I went through a shed after about a month in, and then it stabilized. I shave my hair so close, and I inspect my scalp so thoroughly, I notice any and every change. My results are as follows:

Hair density : slightly improved
Coverage : slightly worse at the hairline, but like I said I shed very bad and I am waiting to see if I return to baseline
Color : hair seems a tad bit darker (I have light brown hair so I can usually tell)
Hair health : Way healthier, my hair feels stronger, literally feels more stable in my scalp
Scalp health: This is the biggest difference, I used to have a very oily/itchy scalp, this is 100% gone. My scalp has 0 shine, never itches, never gets inflamed after using minx (it used to very bad), scalp skin is just noticeably healthier.
Growth rate: Can't say I notice any difference
Thinning areas: I need more time to really determine any actual benefits in specific areas, because I keep my hair so short it is sometimes difficult to objectively decide.
Overall review: Its definitely having some sort of effect directly in the scalp because the scalp itch, oiliness, tender scalp, minoxidil inflammation is all entirely gone. My scalp day to day feels 100% better then before I started, and the only other thing I started doing a few weeks ago was Niacin flushing so I can safely say its the KaR. The extent of its effectiveness will be determined in time, and I plan to take for one year before dropping. If you can afford it, add it to your regimen because it is side effect free, unless you have an allergy or intolerance to it, and it really improves scalp and hair health. Hair loss comes in waves, so hopefully this stuff will tame those waves.

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
ABJAC are you having 1 or 2 caps a day? I am on this treatment as well on 1/day and am having pretty noticeable sides, plus my hairline is taking a beating

ajs

Reaction score
I have been on KaR for over 2 months now (2x/day). Pretty much the same observations as you have. Before I started on this I was rapidly progressing to NW1.5-2. Now I feel I am slowly getting back to NW1, especially in the crown area. Hope the improvement continues. No side observed yet.
Hope rudimentary can update us on his post-KAR DHT results soon...haven't heard from him on this forum for a while.

After seeing the scar left by ACELL+PRP, forget that noise...will just hold on until that new FUE tool comes out and scarless donor is here

What are you referring to when you say scar left by acell+prp? I have had several consultation with a few of the most well versed doctors in this area, and there has never been any adverse results mentioned in any way. The make up of all the components eliminate any adverse reaction to the actual treatment, it is administered with a brand new state of the art gun like machine that evenly punched very tiny injections sites, and the healing time I was told is about 48 hours, and the worst reaction they have every experienced was prolonged redness of the scalp, so I just curious how a scar would even be possible.

As for this forum, I thought I would jump in here and share my experience. I have been on KaR for about 3.5 months now, and the week before I started, I had professionally taken photos from every angle of my head in a hair studio designed to accurately assess hair loss. I also have a treatment scheduled for acell+prp w/ other ingredients as well. Fortunately, my hairline is only in a matured state now, but overall i am thinning in a N3 pattern, but am currently holding at N2 density. I also shave my head very short anyways, always have. I can say without a doubt, I went through a shed after about a month in, and then it stabilized. I shave my hair so close, and I inspect my scalp so thoroughly, I notice any and every change. My results are as follows:

Coverage : slightly worse at the hairline, but like I said I shed very bad and I am waiting to see if I return to baseline
Color : hair seems a tad bit darker (I have light brown hair so I can usually tell)
Hair health : Way healthier, my hair feels stronger, literally feels more stable in my scalp
Scalp health: This is the biggest difference, I used to have a very oily/itchy scalp, this is 100% gone. My scalp has 0 shine, never itches, never gets inflamed after using minx (it used to very bad), scalp skin is just noticeably healthier.
Thinning areas: I need more time to really determine any actual benefits in specific areas, because I keep my hair so short it is sometimes difficult to objectively decide.
Overall review: Its definitely having some sort of effect directly in the scalp because the scalp itch, oiliness, tender scalp, minoxidil inflammation is all entirely gone. My scalp day to day feels 100% better then before I started, and the only other thing I started doing a few weeks ago was Niacin flushing so I can safely say its the KaR. The extent of its effectiveness will be determined in time, and I plan to take for one year before dropping. If you can afford it, add it to your regimen because it is side effect free, unless you have an allergy or intolerance to it, and it really improves scalp and hair health. Hair loss comes in waves, so hopefully this stuff will tame those waves.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

I could be wrong, I thought I saw pic's where there is a scar and the caption said ACELL, but if that's the case, then that is great!! I am gonna check with that guy in Seattle and verify this...

About Keratene -- I am not sure my rashes are from this....I have been off it for 4 days now and I am still getting itching and rashes....I have had these rashes at points in the last couple of years before taking Keratene..This could be a coincidence....I agree that you have to stick with it longer than 2 or 3 months...I am going to let it flush out for a few days more and if I still have these rashes, then it isn't the Keratene and I would then go back on it, for sure

- - - Updated - - -

yeah..I was wrong -- what I saw was the strip scar of a FUT and ACELL results after to fill in the scar....I talked to lady in Seattle and everything is pretty straightforward...

Gonna do a Skype consultation with the guy and get a price...I have plenty of airmiles so I can fly down and stay for a few days for next to nothing...I believe the procedure will cost about $3200...

Considering how much I've spent on crap to get to where I am now, which is NW3 with diffuse thinning, what is an extra $3200, right?? Not ready yet for a FUE until the scarless device comes out and I need more time to see just where I'll stand with a hair transplant...

ABJac

Reaction score
Cob I am taking 1 pill every night, but havent experience any side effects at all so for the hell of it I might try 2. I think it is also important to mention that a few years back I did have above normal DHT and free test levels, but still in healthy range, just at the very high end. I have just recently had my hormone panels done, and my DHT levels are in normal range now and on the low side (I did not get a test directly before and after, so I have no idea if the KaR is responsilbe)

Sparx: What you saw acell+prp and scar being mentioned together because a good deal of hair transplant surgeons are now using acell+prp in the scar sites of a hair transplant to aid in healing the scar and regenerating hair growth in the donor area. Acell and prp together have no ability to create a scar. I am having this procedure done next month, and It will be documented on the website so you can see results.

ABJac

Reaction score
I am doing ACELL+PRP as a stand alone treatment. Becuase I still have pretty good coverage, essentially 85% of my hairline is still defined, and I have more diffuse patchy thinning, the Doctors think I will get very good results. I am not that familiar with this for hair loss, and it seems as if the reviews are mixed, but in my opinion of how well you respond comes down to a few things:

1. Proper mixture + all necessary compounds. Not just acell of PRP alone, but the combination combined with anti-inflams, vitamin D etc. (which the office im doing the procedure at basically pioneered).

2. Delivery system. Up until recently doctors were injecting by hand with a needle, but a new high powered gun like machine has been specially developed for this type of topical injection procedure which insure all the compound is injected, the compound reaches the layer it needs to, and the delivery is even and consistent.

3. Timing. In mu opinion this procedure will really only benefit people in early stages of hair loss due to its main function, which is protecting and creating a barrier around the follicle, and creating the most optimal growth environment possible by drawing pro-generator cells and stem cells to the area. Of course if your follicle is severely damaged and atrophied, this might not be enough to regrow, but if you have early miniaturization, my understanding is that this treatment will delay further loss by protecting the follicle from androgens and DHT, and create and environment where miniaturized hairs can start to grow along a normal full cycle again as apposed to continuing to thin.

Again, I am not professional, just a future patient which high hopes like anyone else. I have done my due diligence, and as far as safety, convenience, and effectiveness, if you have the money and enough remaining hair, i think its worth a shot.

JulioGP

Reaction score
I see it as extremely important to monitoring with blood tests. Here is a sample of my blood test. I'm sorry, but my table is in Portuguese. December was my base, was not taking anything. In the 1st and 2nd month of Saw Palmetto strangely my DHT increased and my testosterone dropped. It makes me think that the Saw Palmetto is not a 5AR inhibitor, but acts directly in the follicles.

imagem.jpg

Now I'm doing more one month control / base without taking anything to start Kératene and have a clean base.

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
I see it as extremely important to monitoring with blood tests. Here is a sample of my blood test. I'm sorry, but my table is in Portuguese. December was my base, was not taking anything. In the 1st and 2nd month of Saw Palmetto strangely my DHT increased and my testosterone dropped. It makes me think that the Saw Palmetto is not a 5AR inhibitor, but acts directly in the follicles.

View attachment 20234

Now I'm doing more one month control / base without taking anything to start Kératene and have a clean base.

I tested my testosterone only while on saw palmetto and it dropped as well, my estrogen levels rose,
Did your hair actually improve on it?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
interesting. while on sp at about 325-600mg my hair didn't do anything but fall the fk out! Someone one here said he tried it at 1000mg and it helped his hair lost.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
interesting. while on sp at about 325-600mg my hair didn't do anything but fall the fk out! Someone one here said he tried it at 1000mg and it helped his hair lost.

Yeah...I think you need upwards of 1000mg for it to work...I was at about 800mg and over and I believe it was slowing things down..but my pecker shrivaled up like a prune!!

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Sparx, are u still on keratene? i just dropped it 4 days ago and got back on sp because of sides, the sides are much less now on sp, no bloating, more energy, more mental alertness but unfortunately already thinner hair, dont know if i should get back on keratene

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx, are u still on keratene? i just dropped it 4 days ago and got back on sp because of sides, the sides are much less now on sp, no bloating, more energy, more mental alertness but unfortunately already thinner hair, dont know if i should get back on keratene

I've stopped it again, only because I'm trying to get to the bottom of my skin rash breakouts....I am eliminating everything to determine what the hell is causing this...

I've had no sides at all on Keratene, otherwise...no sexual sides at all -- SP and finasteride kill my pecker

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think saw palmetto is just too weak at the normal dose and at higher ones might work but at that point your just using a more unknown finasteride. Why not just use the propecia at that point at least then you know that will help your hair instead of just guessing.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think saw palmetto is just too weak at the normal dose and at higher ones might work but at that point your just using a more unknown finasteride. Why not just use the propecia at that point at least then you know that will help your hair instead of just guessing.

Based on what SP did to my meat and two veg, I would have to agree with you

JulioGP

Reaction score
I stopped with Saw Palmetto and now I'm using Kératene. I was in saw palmetto for 3 months and started feeling tenderness in breasts. I'm on the fifth day of Kératene and so far everything is great, of course it's too early for an evaluation, but if Kératene not give side effects (besides the fatigue that some report) will be perfect.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but does anyone worry about long term effects of this stuff?. I mean how legit is it. I hope for the best really, but I am just scared to put something in my body everyday that no one really knows about except a company in Germany. Wishing everyone success and health though. I am just going to wait a little longer.