DHT Inhibitor Antiandrogen With No Sexual Side Effects

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Im having exactly the same experience, My temples are receding like crazy on keratene,
I also dropped saw palmetto prior to starting keratene and im very worried cause i have more sides and my temples are screwed up
But i am also having sides including fatigue, mild headaches, loss of muscle mass etc

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Im having exactly the same experience, My temples are receding like crazy on keratene,
I also dropped saw palmetto prior to starting keratene and im very worried cause i have more sides and my temples are screwed up
But i am also having sides including fatigue, mild headaches, loss of muscle mass etc

I can't see how Keratene would give you sides like you're saying, but who knows....I have absolutely no sides on Keratene other than skin rashes that come and go...

...the other thing which is a fact is that I don't have to shave as often -- without a doubt that is the case...I have a fair-complexion, fair-hair, and with progressed hairloss over the past few years, my facial hair increased as well as the rate at which it grows...now I can go longer between shaves...

...I may as well ride this out...finasteride is not an option and this is the only DHT suppressor that isn't giving me limp-dick -- but I fear that the degree of limp-dick I have is correlated to how much hair I lose

Jaded

Reaction score
Honest question, what makes this different from saw palmeto? And have anyone tested the blood levels before and after?

ajs

Reaction score
rudimentary had taken an initial measurement and I am eagerly waiting for him to report on the latest blood test results. Hope he updates soon.

Honest question, what makes this different from saw palmeto? And have anyone tested the blood levels before and after?

Jaded

Reaction score
Don't know if it was posted before:

http://www.prohairclinic.com/sites/...eratene-Clinical-Results-Retard_protected.pdf

Some good information.

Composition:

5a inhibitor,sterols complex, probably saw palmetto, beta sisterol, pygeum etc...

but also
cyclooxygenase enzyme inhibitor, doesn't tell if type 1 or 2 or both
anti-inflammatory triterpenoid ester, whatever that is
immonumodulating phytosterol, whatever that is

Well the trial show significant reduction of the DHT levels, the test with a finasteride user was interesting.

Question is, if this results are accurate, why don't they run real clinical trial to get this approve has a medication?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Don't know if it was posted before:

http://www.prohairclinic.com/sites/...eratene-Clinical-Results-Retard_protected.pdf

Some good information.

Composition:

5a inhibitor,sterols complex, probably saw palmetto, beta sisterol, pygeum etc...

but also
cyclooxygenase enzyme inhibitor, doesn't tell if type 1 or 2 or both
anti-inflammatory triterpenoid ester, whatever that is
immonumodulating phytosterol, whatever that is

Well the trial show significant reduction of the DHT levels, the test with a finasteride user was interesting.

Question is, if this results are accurate, why don't they run real clinical trial to get this approve has a medication?

Why go through crap getting it medically approved when you can sell it has a health supplement for the same price and less hassle...and sooner...

Jaded

Reaction score
Why go through crap getting it medically approved when you can sell it has a health supplement for the same price and less hassle...and sooner...
But that is true for every medication.

Found this:
Hi Mopa.
What's your stats? Age? Got already some Norwood xx?? or just losing some isolated strands?
I do know a few details.
I took part in their trials back in 2011 on this product and I got to experience various formulations they pushed down my throat. No side-effects for me personally but I heard from one of the doctors involved in the screening of the rest of the guys that some heavy duty athlete complained about tiredness or so. Anyway the guy was a sport freak or so. One extra bonus for me haaha (unexpected though) after about half a year of popping pills I got some hair growing back on a previously a totally bald spot... on my leg! It was sweet to see that and it keeps going ok but it's not as hairy as the regions next to the spot. However the company went beyond any reasonable efforts to educate me that the product is strictly for the maintenance of the existing hair density and not for hair growth. So for the record, just to be clear, I do not say KAR is meant for hair growth. After the trial I saw the clinical presentation at a scientific meeting and the clinical tests show interesting results to say the least (and this is an understatement, just to be discreet and not advertise the product). From the papers I got for my trial the text sounds like this "Kératene alphactive Retard (I call it KAR) is not a direct enzyme inhibitor, but rather an indirect DHT depressor (lowering). The product does not interfere with 5ard (it just leaves the molecule intact) and it does not affect testosterone or other hormonal factors. It reduces DHT levels by preventing the chemical reduction of Testosterone into DHT. With Keratene alphactive retard you can "see" the direct effects by measuring your DHT levels in blood, prior to administration and after at least 7 days during administration. ".
My personal results were like this: before KAR - DHT 1734pg/ml, after 8 days it dropped to 762, then after 2 weeks it dropped to 574 and during 8 months it stayed at around 560 - 580, which is very good.
Up to this moment I feel good, I am happy with my own experience.
From my point of view the problem with testing your own dht level is finding a proper lab that has the gear to run the test correctly. Dht is no longer a hot topic and it can be quite challenging to find a good lab. Best bet would be a university hospital or possibly at the endocrinology faculties they may still do dht. Contact the customer care from keratene if you want to ask something specific or so, they answer pretty quickly and you get (in my opinion) educated answers.
But anyway, don't just jump buying the stuff like that. Be smart, they still run some trials and if you're from the Belgium region you can jump in for free. The nasty part is that they require you to get your veins needled several times (actually lots of times, my veins are still blue and patchy) and if you're not a fan of long sharp pointy needles.... you're screwed. Go consult a professional doctor or so. Where are you from? Did you visit a doctor? If you're from Europe I can recommend you a few.
Anyway, based on my own experience, the product does not help much when you're in telogen effluvium, that crazy hair shedding when you're losing hairs in rapid tempo so if you're in "that" period of the year, just be patient, take care of yourself, lower the stress and take some vitamins. If you're already in a visible / advanced state of alopecia, save some cash and do either micropigmentation or a transplant (if you can afford it or depending on what you feel comfortable with). KAR will probably help you keep the normal hairs you have now but the biggest change will be made by hair transplant.
Let me know if this helps!

From what i read so far, 2 pills per day is the way to go, 1 pill won't cut it.

JulioGP

Reaction score
Someone who has taken the test of DHT found some variation in the amount of testosterone? For studies of Kératene, claims that testosterone levels do not change.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
It appears my allergic skin reactions are from this stuff...when I stop taking it, the reactions go away...I believe it has helped slow the thinning, but it hasn't stopped it...

The skin reactions are pretty intense -- as a result, I am going off this stuff...

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
What Dht blocking tool are you looking to use instead? Going back on saw palmetto? RU?
I am getting some sides on this and my hair loss hasnt ceased especially at the temples, my patience is running thin

Sparky4444

Reaction score
What Dht blocking tool are you looking to use instead? Going back on saw palmetto? RU?
I am getting some sides on this and my hair loss hasnt ceased especially at the temples, my patience is running thin

Not sure...I might get back on SP and tag that with CET...that seemed to be a pretty good combo....

Having said that, I think I am going to get the ACELL done in Seattle...I can spare $3200 and I have enough reward points for a free flight...It looks as though ACELL is pretty good at halting -- which I'll take right now

I am going to stick with MaxGXL and popping 100mg of Niacin three times a day....

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few people on BTT, who have done acell and are not pleased with the results,
They have done it from some of the better known names too
Who do you plan to do it from?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
There are quite a few people on BTT, who have done acell and are not pleased with the results,
They have done it from some of the better known names too
Who do you plan to do it from?

i was thinking the guy in Seattle...at this point, if ACELL can retain for me, I'll live with that and get a FUE on the front for the important area...

What are they saying about ACELL??

After seeing the scar left by ACELL+PRP, forget that noise...will just hold on until that new FUE tool comes out and scarless donor is here

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
If i remember right, this one guy seemed to do acell+prp from dudes in ny and claimed unreal results and disappeared from the forums,
Others have done prp with guys like cooley and have not even seen a scrap of improvement,
So i am not convinced to be honest,

I might start RU soon and ween myself off the keratene in a few weeks, not trying RU yourself?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I heard RU quality is a concern....where is the best place to get it?? I think RU would help a lot...might consider it if alcohol isnt involved

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just ordered my first batch from m-p-b Treatments, its overpriced but legit, i however remain skeptical of sides and messing up the mixing, + i want to experience KB solution as opposed to alcohol, thats why i decided to go readymade first,
If i do manage to tolerate RU i will participate in the Kane group buys