DHT effects

JJ1980

Reaction score
hey guys, everyone on this board seems to feel that DHT is something "terrible" and the only thing that it does is make you lose hair..

Here is an exerpt taken from wiki:

"A feedback loop involving the testicles, the hypothalamus, and the pituitary, adrenal, and prostate glands controls the blood levels of DHT. First, low blood levels of DHT stimulate the hypothalamus to produce gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). GnRH then stimulates the pituitary gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH), and LH stimulates the testicles to produce testosterone. Finally, testosterone from the testicles and dehydroepiandrosterone from the adrenal glands stimulate the prostate to produce more DHT. Hormonal therapy can decrease levels of DHT by interrupting this pathway at any point."

This could explain some of the side effects that people get. Prostate problems, adrenal, stress, etc... by eliminating or suddenly decreasing DHT.

Maybe those who don't suffer from the sides too badly are those with high levels of DHT to begin with?

I am currently experiencing prostatitis from it. Also I had gone through levels of extreme stress, adrenal fatigue, and hypogonadism. After a couple of months I have finally recovered. Just working on the prostatitis.

This should serve as a warning or caution for those young people who are still going through hormonal changes.

ALWAYS get a full hormone test regularly while on this thing!