Dht Doesn't Cause Hairloss,7 Word Title

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bucky, what can we say. You are our unicorn. Maybe the dog is slipping something in your food dish when you are not looking.

hahaha!! you always make me feel a little better Doctor!

broko

My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn you most likely have some type of fungal infection or bad inflammation. The best way to heal that is by dry fasting/ water fasting. Dry fasting is more powerful and will kill the inflammation and bacteria.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best way to heal that is by dry fasting/ water fasting. Dry fasting is more powerful and will kill the inflammation and bacteria.

"Fasting", said 3 times, every other word, in the span of just two sentences...Is David a closet Destiny's Child fan and this is his sockpuppet account for trolling?

fry.png

broko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fasting is the number one way to heal your body, Sorry but you need to do some research on something you seem to know nothing about. Your body literally goes into a complete repair and detox mode.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn you most likely have some type of fungal infection or bad inflammation. The best way to heal that is by dry fasting/ water fasting. Dry fasting is more powerful and will kill the inflammation and bacteria.

the inflammation is caused by hormonal changes due to taking finasteride... how will fasting repair this?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Explain then why DHT kills hair follicles in vitro.

But since pooberty, I'm pretty sure DHT is what triggered hair growth in my naughty parts, arm pits, legs, chest and beard. And more recently, "faulty hair follicles" syndrome (FHFS) has been linked to prostate cancer, PCOS, metabolic syndrome and heart disease. How can just a few percent of our total HF be at the root cause of all those diseases?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
But since pooberty, I'm pretty sure DHT is what triggered hair growth in my naughty parts, arm pits, legs, chest and beard. And more recently, "faulty hair follicles" syndrome (FHFS) has been linked to prostate cancer, PCOS, metabolic syndrome and heart disease. How can just a few percent of our total HF be at the root cause of all those diseases?

It is well established that body hair and head hair react in opposite ways to DHT. Prostate cancer is linked to an enlarged Prostate which is also caused by DHT. Everything else you mentioned is related to diabetes which I think is also a huge risk factor for hair loss imo. DHT is only part of the puzzle, but it is the main mechanism by which hair follicles are damaged.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
as a matter of fact, alcohol is the ONLY thing that alleviates this torture. It's not placebo or altered mind state, because I don't even get "drunk"... somehow it lowers my scalp inflammation. this is the primary reason i drink. i feel f*****g normal again.

Scaring alopecais--there is one that talks about burning itching etc..but it flares up on the area and then goes away..but it leaves a pattern I do not think is like male pattern baldness or DUPA.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scaring alopecais--there is one that talks about burning itching etc..but it flares up on the area and then goes away..but it leaves a pattern I do not think is like male pattern baldness or DUPA.

pretty certain buck doesn't have scarring alopecia. just some fucked up inflammatory demon form of Androgenetic Alopecia like me. i had a scalp biopsy. "atypical perifolliculitis" which means "inflammation of the hair follicles with no explanation"

gg

just use nizoral bro

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty certain buck doesn't have scarring alopecia. just some fucked up inflammatory demon form of Androgenetic Alopecia like me. i had a scalp biopsy. "atypical perifolliculitis" which means "inflammation of the hair follicles with no explanation"

gg

just use nizoral bro
try cetirizine

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fasting or slowing will not do anything you will just lose weight.
Baldness is 1% genetic, and 99% luck

abcdefg

Reaction score
Sounds nice. Maybe your right, and maybe your wrong. Your throwing out a lot of theory there. Where is the proof any of it is true? How do we know DHT does not cause male pattern baldness through any number of other possible paths like affecting WNT, PGD2, or any number of things.
Dont you think its a mighty big coincidence that most women never go bald, and most men do. What big difference is there between men and women? Lets see hormones mainly DHT,T, and estrogen are drastically different. Do women have mats of back hair and thick beards? Not most I know, but lots of men do. Do women start going bald if they have high androgen levels? Yes
I mean that is a lot of anecdotal evidence in favor of androgens. Also propecia has piles of proof it does work through androgens unless you can prove its all a different pathway

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds nice. Maybe your right, and maybe your wrong. Your throwing out a lot of theory there. Where is the proof any of it is true? How do we know DHT does not cause male pattern baldness through any number of other possible paths like affecting WNT, PGD2, or any number of things.
Dont you think its a mighty big coincidence that most women never go bald, and most men do. What big difference is there between men and women? Lets see hormones mainly DHT,T, and estrogen are drastically different. Do women have mats of back hair and thick beards? Not most I know, but lots of men do. Do women start going bald if they have high androgen levels? Yes
I mean that is a lot of anecdotal evidence in favor of androgens. Also propecia has piles of proof it does work through androgens unless you can prove its all a different pathway

Bingo!

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we don't know exactly how DHT kills the follicle, untill we know, we can't say that it's the only or the main cause of balding.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes DHT isn't even the serial killer of HF that janus kinase is apparently. If DHT sensitivity destroys hair follicles, it does so for just a small percentage of the sum total while initiating growth for the remainder of the 5 million or so HF on our bodies. I doubt very much that faulty hair follicles are at the root cause of baldness and heart disease or Metabolic disorder in one person while the same dht levels in another person has no effect.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
Millions of dollars, hundreds if not thousands of years of medical literature, research and experimentation

And it was finally cracked by a Destiny's Child fan

He is right though.

Why does DHT promote hair growth everywhere except some scalp hair follicles?

Inhibiting DHT stops Androgenetic Alopecia, but it's not the root cause. It's primarily inflammation, autoimmunity, and disrupted calcium channeling.

www.perfecthairhealth.com is an excellent source on this issue.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

People who deny DHT causes hairloss is like denying that melanin and pigment determine eye colour just because what genes you get decide how much melanin or pigment you get.

No DHT = No hairloss. f*** with the melanin and pigment in your iris, and it will change colour.

In both cases, genetics simply supply the materials for the end result, but the materials are still responsible for what is taking place.

Here's what happened: Thousands or more years ago, some man or men or maybe even an ancestor of homo-sapien, due to some condition environmental or not which we will likely never know, underwent a mutation that caused the hair on their head to react negatively to dihydro-testosterone. This ancestor then produced offspring and the gene(s) carrying the mutated DNA within the chromosome is dominant and thus, most males develop the condition.

DHT causes the hair to miniaturize and genetics cause the dht to cause the hairloss.

If the premise of this thread's title were true, then simply having the genetic predisposition to baldness would be enough to go bald all on its own — but we know it's not.

Last edited: