Dht Blocking Shampoo? Need Some Help Please.

Tomybooy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all.
I’m new here, and basically new to this whole world.
I’m suffering from receding hairline, But not the whole four-head, More like both of the sides. I think it’s referred to type one or two I’m not sure, but I know that it’s genetic since my dad had the same issue that started at about my age, and it kept going and going...

I’ve been taking propecia for the past two or three years, and it helps. The amount of hair I find everywhere I go has dropped significantly.
It helps, Though I can still see those two areas on the sides balding... much slower, but still.

I’m thinking about using a DHT shampoo, and I was wondering if anyone have any recommendations about the brand?

I was thinking about Lipogain the big 5, but then I came across Biotin on amazon, and it has a lot of good recommendations, it’s half the price, and it’s listed as “Amazon’s choice”.

upload_2018-9-24_22-44-0.jpeg

Does anyone have any experience with them both? Can someone help me dicide?

And of curse, If anyone have any other suggestions about what products could help, i would appreciate it.
Maybe using some Rogaine as well?
Anyway, as I was saying I’m new to this and will use any help I can get.

Thanks a lot!

tom305

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again.
So some slight anti DHT properties is better then a whole shampoo dedicated for that purpose?..

Nizoral is probably the only one DHT blocking shampoo that really works unlike the other shampoos - although the DHT blocking in Nizoral is minimum, its still the most effective for many people than other only-DHT blocking shampoos. It can, unfortunately, dry hairs hard for some people - so its probably good to use some conditioner aswell if it makes your hair dry. But its also very individual which shampoo can work best for somebody, you will have to try them to find out..
For me personally Nizoral worked very well for dandruffs at the beginning, but unfortunately then he started to lose its effectivity for some reason and he also started to dry my hairs...

Tomybooy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
In my country there’s no over the counter option, and for the shampoo you have to have a prescription.
But even without all of that, I’m not sure I want to use it.
it’s the first I’m hearing that this is even an option and that this ingredient is effective for this purpose.
Definitely don’t want my hair to get all dry.

What about the rogain option?
No one think it will help in any way?