dhi method

steve333

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering the dhi non surgical option as I want to be able to keep my hair short without a scar.

Currently a norwood 4 and thinning pretty quickly due to quitiing propecia. I am starting revivogen and spironolactone soon.

DHI can only implant a small amount of hair - 1,000 hairs as they cannot disturb the other existing hair follicles. The dhi clinic I went to is very professional - no pushy sales or anything. I actually know the doctor.
Said they can fill in my temples and a little in the mid scalp and crown area.

Concerned next year that I could have sections of hair and other areas with no hair as my hair loss progresses. They said I could come back again next year but could not implant any more on this occasion.

But having read Micheal Barrys posts etc I am wondering if I should hold out for a few years and give the revivogen and spironolactone a go along with nizoral/ rogaine etc..

Had pretty bad sides with finasteride and saw palmetto so can't go back there.

Thanks for any advice

G

steve333,

Do you by chance have the potential of hitting Norwood class 7 based on family history? If the answer is yes, don't even get started because there is an extremely high probability that you will end up regretting it, no offense.

It also sounds like you have a diffused thinning pattern so the clinic is undoubtedly concerned about shockloss. But remember, once you start with the first hair transplant, you'll be committed to future hair transplants, more than you would like to.

If you are having the undesirable side-effects from finasteride, you might have the same experience with dutasteride. Have you tried that? Either way, you definitely want to give your new regimen enough time to evaluate any efficiency. The real key is to get your hairloss greatly stabilized. My concern for you is the rate of loss over the past year as you stated. If you get a hair transplant now, the chances of it being accelerated is very high. :freaked:

Bottom line? Focus on stabilizing the loss for now and let us know how you are doing. :wink:

steve333

Reaction score
DHI

Thanks alot for taking time to help out Gillenator.
I suppose I do have a chance of hitting norwood 7 but still could not be definate but certainly norwood 5.

My logic with the dhi was that at least I could go back for more as there would be no scarring if my hair loss accelerated. just even get 1000 hairs for the moment without any scars, but I certainly take your point and will have to seriously consider it.

Too scared to go near duasteride because still have sides from finasteride.

Thanks again, really appreciate your thoughts.

gillenator said:
steve333,

Do you by chance have the potential of hitting Norwood class 7 based on family history? If the answer is yes, don't even get started because there is an extremely high probability that you will end up regretting it, no offense.

It also sounds like you have a diffused thinning pattern so the clinic is undoubtedly concerned about shockloss. But remember, once you start with the first hair transplant, you'll be committed to future hair transplants, more than you would like to.

If you are having the undesirable side-effects from finasteride, you might have the same experience with dutasteride. Have you tried that? Either way, you definitely want to give your new regimen enough time to evaluate any efficiency. The real key is to get your hairloss greatly stabilized. My concern for you is the rate of loss over the past year as you stated. If you get a hair transplant now, the chances of it being accelerated is very high. :freaked:

Bottom line? Focus on stabilizing the loss for now and let us know how you are doing. :wink:

G

steve333,

You're very welcome. It's no doubt best to wait and see how your new regimen goes.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Whats DHI? I thought it was a clinic in Greece that has had some poor results using some implanter device.

G

DHI is a clinic in Greece using an implanter method, you are right.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I thought that what they did was basicly strip surgery but the separated grafts are placed in a 'implanter' before being well 'implanted' but I'd heard this method was traumatic for the follicles and produced a low growth yield.

Vega

Reaction score
stick to the well known surgeons, dont risk your money, hair and life on a relatively unknown company

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Yikes, sounds shady. Don't fuk with that stuff. Cut corners and you'll end up regretting it.