Dhea??? Things Ive Noticed With It And Hair

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I had my finasteride crash I will swear the use of DHEA is what helped me regain normalcy.
Since then I would periodically cycle it on and off. I noticed that taking it for too long actually gave me mild sides like the ones I would get on finasteride. Nothing as serious but enough to stop.

I also noticed my shedding being much more controlled and hair itself being thicker.
Now Im not saying DHEA can cure hair loss but I do believe that its hormonal factor might actually help those who may lose more hair due to imbalances and deficiencies. I myself am anemic (Thalasemia, not super serious) and take vitamins (iron/zinc) for that and notice it does help with little things, but nothing outstanding.

I have not taken my DHEA in MONTHS. Not because of cycling, just keep forgetting to buy and being lazy and have noticed my shedding is getting out of control.

I just rebought my 25mg bottle (mailed shortly) and Im thinking of using this thread to possibly monitor and update.

Now DHEA is a hormone used to produce and regulate testosterone which of course turns into DHT, BUT it also helps create estrogen which is one of the things finasteride also does. I personally related my finasteride crash to what people say a steroid crash is like. I think it threw my hormones so out of control it caused a testosterone crash in my body. By the time I had my hormone levels checked I was already into recovery so I cant 110% say for sure. My assumption is the DHEA in some of us may help regulate how your body produces, uses and regulate testosterone and estrogen boosting them to healthier levels where the body can manage the DHT better. I would say since long term over use of it seems to give me a mild finasteride crash it must work on the same level but in a MUCH lower (possibly more natural) way.

I have told quite a few people on this board about trying the DHEA for finasteride crashed and so far none have come back and said it made it worse. No one has come back to say "hey it was magic" either though but hopefully they are healthy and on their way.

Wish me luck and that my recent shedding can somehow be managed and reversed.

Also realize, I am using these treatments.

5% minoxidil in the morning
10% minoxidil with a topical finasteride at night
I have started dermarolling (MILDLY) again once a week for absorption and hopefully regeneration of hair follicles. I actually ordered a derma stamp pen but its on back order so Ill see if that is better.
Nizoral twice a week

My health and body are as follows, which could also dictate how it uses and produces hormones

Eat healthy
Take supplements
Work out about 4 days a week, cardio/weights
Im a pretty HIGH STRESS/anxiety guy.

https://www.hairIossrevolution.com/dhea/

yes I KNOW its not some scientific paper link or anything but this is the "alternative" treatment thread.