Desperate To Save Hair.. Need Advice On What To Do

DavieJinx

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep hearing all of these propecia horror stories that my dick will shut off forever, I will end up suicidal etc..

Has anyone had success on the drug with no issues?

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
my doctor wrote me finasterisde and said it has very low chance on side effects :D

g.i joey

Reaction score
I keep hearing all of these propecia horror stories that my dick will shut off forever, I will end up suicidal etc..

Has anyone had success on the drug with no issues?

I'm having 0 issues, but I'm 6 months in and only maintaining. It's all a matter of what really matters to you. Studies show that side effects aren't persistent, aside from a subset of users.

Nownwith the info we have this is what you're weighing out.

If you take the drug:
-90% chance of at least maintaining, while also not experiencing sides .

-1.4% chance of permanent ed (not permanent, more like worst case 3 or 4 years, this is really worst case)

-3-5% chance of having side effects that will go away with continuing the drug or ceasing Treatment.

If you don't take it:
-100% chance of being bald

-probably not gonna get that much pussy so you better really love that right hand

I personally feel great on finasteride, as I've said before the relief of knowing I'm doing the most effective thing for my hair is priceless. I did notice lower libido the first 2-3 months but that readjusted and haven't had a single problem since

g.i joey

Reaction score
Do you feel any different? I have the meds in front of me but am afraid to pop it.

Take a .25 dosage for this week, next week take it twice, the week after take it 3x, ease onto the drug on this manner, you can even stop increasing once you reach .5mg/day

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you feel any different? I have the meds in front of me but am afraid to pop it.

i feel NOTHING different at all in my body, to be honest with you, i feel mentally a lot better because i tell myself that i finally started treating. looking at your hair all the time is tiring, specislly after a shower when you can see your whole skin i know. thats why i suggest you take the pills regularly and whatever else you have that is is in your regimen and focus life. like that you after some time you wont even notice and you might have seen or progress or not.. :D thats my mentality. when i was a skinny f*** i told myself all the time to just go workout 5x a week, and eat right. after a year i looked at my weight and noticed 20 kgs of gains. you see what i mean? its all about patience, now the side effects im gonna have to see myself as well too :) sorry for going to far lol

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a .25 dosage for this week, next week take it twice, the week after take it 3x, ease onto the drug on this manner, you can even stop increasing once you reach .5mg/day
Joe, I'll just be using Minoxidil for like 6 months and then add finasteride to my regime.

So do think .5mg M/W/F it will be good.

DavieJinx

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man.. it's a tough decision.. that Bobster guy posting all these studies and sh*t.

I just don't want to take the drug and end up with serious problems.

I'm a Norwood 3 with some crown loss and diffuse thinning.

f*** my God damn genetics.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Joe, I'll just be using Minoxidil for like 6 months and then add finasteride to my regime.

So do think .5mg M/W/F it will be good.

Honestly man, it depends on your hairloss and how aggressive it is. I think minimum is either .5 a day or 1mg m/w/f to really reap the benefits on finasteride. But .5 mwf is still a great way to start. I take 1mg 4x a week and I am at the least maintaining but no regrowth or thickening yet.

And to @DavieJinx i think we all rather not take this drug for our own peace of mind, but are you ready to be bald in the next couple years? I'm using finasteride to make it through my 20s with hair. If in 6 years I'm 30 and there's no other alternative I'm gonna definitely reassess my situation. There are def risks with taking this drug, not significant but still chances of something going wrong. You have to be willing to take the risk.

Also bob has been spitting a lot of misinformation for how is idol Donald Trump would call it, fake news. He's very depressed, he even faked his own suicide on here before finasteride. Please take what he says with 1kg of salt.

DavieJinx

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man, it depends on your hairloss and how aggressive it is. I think minimum is either .5 a day or 1mg m/w/f to really reap the benefits on finasteride. But .5 mwf is still a great way to start. I take 1mg 4x a week and I am at the least maintaining but no regrowth or thickening yet.

And to @DavieJinx i think we all rather not take this drug for our own peace of mind, but are you ready to be bald in the next couple years? I'm using finasteride to make it through my 20s with hair. If in 6 years I'm 30 and there's no other alternative I'm gonna definitely reassess my situation. There are def risks with taking this drug, not significant but still chances of something going wrong. You have to be willing to take the risk.

Also bob has been spitting a lot of misinformation for how is idol Donald Trump would call it, fake news. He's very depressed, he even faked his own suicide on here before finasteride. Please take what he says with 1kg of salt.

You have no erectile dysfunction or loss of libido or brain fog?

This brain fog sh*t is the thing that is holding me back.

And that study saying permanent ed for 3 or 4 years.

f***. I'm in a tight spot.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You have no erectile dysfunction or loss of libido or brain fog?

This brain fog sh*t is the thing that is holding me back.

Nothing remotely close to ED, my libido dropped for a good 2 or 3 months when I started but I can ALWAYS rise to the occasion. no brain fog nothing, I run my own business and deal with sales everyday. This drug has not effected the growth of my business one bit.

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
libido drop sounds kinda scary, i imagined now my gf playing with my dick and it doesnt harden any bit? :O

DavieJinx

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno if it's worth the risk.

These stories of guys saying they have PFS after one or two pills.

I'm currently using minoxidil, but my loss is extremely aggressive.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride since May 2016, and since being on it I have gotten regrowth and gotten rid of the itch at my hairline. At no point while on it have I had difficulty getting or maintaining an erection, and I'm not sure what "brain fog" is supposed to feel like, but I am fully alert and cognitive of my environment as far as I know...working out 6 days a week with plenty of energy, and often in good enough cheer to the point where I am lighting up the mood in the room and making people laugh

The only side effect I have noticed is watery semen. It's a side effect I can live with for the sake of keeping my hair

Bobster is terrible, and should probably be banned imo....led everyone to believe he committed suicide and makes erratic posts that demonstrate a tendency of being destructively mentally unstable

shookwun

Reaction score
Brain fog, the new ED :D

Reminds me of zombies. Pseudo-warriors

Its amazing how people are so scared about this drug yet have no hesitations to go ON SSRI, and anxiety medications which are notorious for ED, and making you feel like a zombie.

This drugs biggest side effect is maintaining a solid mane.

DavieJinx

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shookwun can you post a pic of your hair?

How bad was your loss before? Have you had regrowth?