Dermmatch & Swimming Apply Dry Or Wet?

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
This again! I know. But im going abroad with the extended fam & would like to look as full head as possible. I know this has been debated lots in the past but i'd love to hear anyones tips and tricks whilst being on holiday swimming in pools and the sea. I use dermmatch all the time for day to day with either a bit of tinted dry shampoo or Nanogen/ toppik etc. Reg swimming - Other people on this forum have said they can swim with dermatch - id love to know how they specifically apply it before hand -Dry or Wet? and id love to see if anyone else has any new or old tips to give to maintaining their hair's look. Peace x

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Dermmatch and Toppik and would never recommend swimming with either. I consider the fact that they both stay in the hair after getting wet a bonus. Like if it starts to rain and I have them in, I won't be dripping in color kind of bonus. I'd rather swim with a cap and no product.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I tried the shower yesterday with dermatch in. I applied it dry - i used the end of the applicator to rub across the derm disk which broke it up into a lumpy dust and then rubbed it on to the applicator and then directly onto my scalp. Takes a little longer and you need to go easy as you can rip hair out etc. But it looked good. Them i used some gott2b freeze hairspray and the next day I showered. Completley soaked my head and it ran clear.. i touched my hair very lightly and hardly anything came out. I looked in the mirror - had one in woth me and while my hair didnt look perfect it looked thick and wet. You could see some thinning on the crown but it kind of looked natural this was after a good ten mins. When i rubbed my hands through it hard - thats when it started to break down. But wasnt exactly streaks running down my face or anyhing, just a little off... interesting...

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
I searched the forums before i made this thread as there were ppsts by users who swam and used dermmatch etc.. just wanted to see if anyone else had any tips or new approaches.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Dermmatch wet works both in the sea and in the swimming pool. Tried. Your hair still will look like $hit but in a soaked everyones hair looks like $hit when wet. In the sea, in the pool in water slides and and a splashpark. Trick is. Dont Rub. A light sweep is fine. Maybe a light rub but let your hair Air dry and if you absolutley must use a towel pat very lightly. Cant stress this next point enough - use dermatch wet - but ever so slightly wet. I was originally using too much water and it was too thin a coat. A water Drop on applicator and then rub it in until it starts to dry on the brush repeat then pad on your scalp. Leave it 5 mins then comb through - use strong hairspray and style with a little more spray.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Further update. Saw some pics of me on holiday. Hair looked great. Dad Bod. Not so much. Need to start work on that !