Dermmatch For The Hairline - A Viable Option?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been mostly using Toppik, but it's a very thin line between putting on the perfect amount of Toppik and deciding to f*** it and put on your cap for the day.

So I looked up Dermmatch and it seems somewhat easier to apply on the hairline? The brush makes it seems like you got more control. Is this true? What are you peoples experiences with Dermmatch on the hairline?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Dermmatch on the hairline occasionally. Much better product than toppik for frontal (forelock thinning). Also doesn't rub off on the pillow or when a girl plays with my hair. Think it is a better product in general, and much better for frontal area.

You still need some density with it though, as you are almost painting your scalp. I usually rub it in with my fingers after applying it, then blow dry it and use some styling gels. Dermmatch can make your hairline look much much thicker, but if you're too thin already you will see the smudges. Also don't get too close to the very front hairline as you will be able to see it. Keep it atleast 1/4 inch back from the front. Shading the back area makes the front look thicker as well.

I know girls who use makeup/products around their hairline to make it look thicker. I see this as no different tbh, expect it is much more effective at hiding thinning areas than the products made for girls.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it work as well if you got medium-long hair?

And should you apply it on just the hair or the scalp when fixing the hairline?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it work as well if you got medium-long hair?

And should you apply it on just the hair or the scalp when fixing the hairline?
Yeah, my hair is medium length. I apply it on the scalp and rub it in, then apply some to the actual hair. I use a towel to rub at the area to get any of the powder off. Then I blow dry it to get it dry. I don't want it coming off from someone touching it, so I rub the loose stuff on the hair away and rub in the stuff on my scalp. Then can use hair spray to keep things in place. I usually just use salt spray before application to thicken the area up, then use some styling gel after.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
God, I hope yall right. Toppik is driving me nuts. I'm in a bad period right now were I just absolutely can not get the hairline right.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
God, I hope yall right. Toppik is driving me nuts. I'm in a bad period right now were I just absolutely can not get the hairline right.

Bro any updates with your hair? You still holding on strong with the big 3?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro any updates with your hair? You still holding on strong with the big 3?

Yeah, haven't lost any hair at all since I started. Though only minor improvement on hairline. Crown have gained alot, though still thin because of how much I had already lost before treatment.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Yeah, haven't lost any hair at all since I started. Though only minor improvement on hairline. Crown have gained alot, though still thin because of how much I had already lost before treatment.

Cool, I have a similar hair loss pattern to yours so that's why I asked. Started the big 3 10 months ago and holding on pretty well so far.

Reactions: M.G

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermmatch can make your hairline look much much thicker, but if you're too thin already you will see the smudges. Also don't get too close to the very front hairline as you will be able to see it. Keep it atleast 1/4 inch back from the front. Shading the back area makes the front look thicker as well.

Do you think my hairline got enough hair to work with Dermmatch or am I being too optimistic?

I ordered dark brown Dermmatch last monday from their european website, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

hm2-jpg.jpg

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think my hairline got enough hair to work with Dermmatch or am I being too optimistic?

I ordered dark brown Dermmatch last monday from their european website, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

View attachment 63718
I mean obviously you won't look like you have a full head of hair, but it can be useful if you use it farther back to thicken things up. Your hair may be a little too sparse in front to use it because it will look like paint on your scalp. In the front you could just brush up the hair with it and not get it on the scalp, but then put it on the scalp farther back.

Paulf172

Reaction score
I must say I used Dermmatch for the first time a few days ago. I haven't got to grips with it fully but I am impressed with the initial results. I'm a NW2-2.5 with slight diffusion at the front. I take Dutasteride and Minoxodil too. The results give the appearance of a solid NW2. At the tender age of 39 I dye my hair regularly to keep the grey at bay. I always wondered why just after dying my hair appeared thicker. It was because some of the dye hadn't come off my scalp. Clearly Dermmatch had a similar function and I figure if anyone my excuse would be that I'd just dyed my hair.

I must say I'm pretty impressed thus far!

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got the dark brown Dermmatch and tried it out.

Went okey but I think I put on way too much.

I find it hard to actually color the scalp evenly between the hairs. Tomorrow I'll try to put on some of it modestly on just the hairs.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, i never thought i will use a topik or something stuff like this, but since i got many vellus hair on my hairline - tried this stuff for free (some promotors at centrum were just giving free vials for maybe 3-4 temple fills, and was quite shocked how it filled my temples to get Norwood 0.5 look. I bought it :D but yeah, i had problems with color match and anyway i am using it only when i am pulling my hairs backward. It works really really good and looks natural [ ofcourse if you will not put too much ]

This thing is excelent for diffuse thinners.

shookwun

Reaction score
to bald for it to make a cosmetic and functional difference.

Would look WAY better if you buzzed that bum fluff off. provides no frame and cosmetic benefit.

When your hair is to diffuse, it always looks like sh*t.

I bet my left nut, if you 1 or 0 guarded it, you would be surprised how good you look.

Guys like Fred @WhitePolarBear can chime in on what I mean by this. There is a certain area where one benefits and then there is those that see no improvment and diminish in returns.

Your hairline looks like it starts at the back of your head, despite that not being the case.

Wolfy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I must say I used Dermmatch for the first time a few days ago. I haven't got to grips with it fully but I am impressed with the initial results.

I, too, used Dermmatch for the first time a few weeks ago after getting a price shock from my hair transplant consultation. I was pleasantly surprised by the results. Even my wife couldn't tell ;) The only cons -- not 100% water proof and comes off easily if scratched or wiped with a tissue paper. Also I seemed to notice some shedding when I combed my hair (similar to when I first tried Rogaine, unsuccessfully) -- has anyone experienced this???