Dermmatch and Minoxidil

Reaction score
I've been using Dermmatch for the past few weeks and it works beautifully. As per their instructions, I always apply my minoxidil before I apply dermmatch in the morning (generally about an hour or two before).

My question is in regards to my nighttime application of minoxidil. Should I rinse or shampoo out the dermmatch before I make my nighttime application or should I just apply it anyways? I've just been applying it over my dermmatch as of late, but I thought I would write to all of you to see if this was an advisable idea or not.

Best,

MW.

G

minoxidil and Dermmatch are like chalk and cheese imo.

Meaning, they don’t go together.

They don’t work.

I am convinced the DermMatch interferes with the way the minoxidil absorbs.

I used the stuff for 2/3 weeks, and I am more or less certain my hair was worse at the time I decided to stop.

Although on the other hand, there is the possibility that you are so used to seeing the DermMatch on, it kind of tricks you into thinking you are thinning.

Either way it’s difficult to tell.

All I do know it that DermMatch was good, but the risk of the minoxidil not absorbing 100% created my decision to quit using it.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
minoxidil and Dermmatch are like chalk and cheese imo.

Meaning, they don’t go together.

They don’t work.

I am convinced the DermMatch interferes with the way the minoxidil absorbs.

I agree. I got DermMatch to help out with my hair and once applied it looked amazing.

But over time my hair got worse and worse. Mind you I did go through a prolongued period of applying minoxidil OVER the dermMatch without knowing it means the minoxidil doesn't absorb. So maybe it's a shed that will recover now that I'm applying minoxidil on the scalp.

But yes you need to apply minoxidil with NO dermatch on it. Sadly I learned that a little late and am paying for it now.

So my plan is: Shower it all off at night time before bed, and put on minoxidil. A large amount - more than in the morning, because it'll be a good 8 hours of absorbing. Then I get up and instantly apply the minoxidil, shower etc WITHOUT GETTING MY HAIR WET. By the time I apply dermatch the minoxidil is dry-ish - about 30 minutes later. It's all the time I have really to do it

I would quit dermMatch because it really seems worse but I'm at the state where I cannot go out without it in my hair so i'm in a crisis. Starting finasteride soon so let's hope that sorts it.