dermatologist happy to prescribe me proscar

hp6480

Reaction score
Ok just wanted to share my experience with my dermatologist. Just a little background on my regime... I take 5% Minoxidil:Rogaine AM and PM, Nizoral 1% Monday's and Friday's. Yesterday I went to my dermatologist about my hair loss and she verified it was pattern baldness not due to a lack of vitamins, etc. I told her I have been doing a lot of research on Propecia(1mg dosage) and I wanted her thoughts on giving it a try. She said it's a great idea and she has prescribed it to many patients. She said though that since Propecia is labeled as a hair loss/cosmetic treatment that insurance doesn't cover it at all. However Proscar in the 5mg size is used to treat prostate issues that insurance covers it. I was a little worried because I've read things on here about side affects and that even a small dosage of .5mg is effective. She said that the 5mg pill in its whole is completely safe to begin with. She could sense my worries to the sides and said she would be happy to write me a rx for Propecia but the cost would be significantly higher. She recommended to take Proscar and just cut the 5mg pill into 4 pieces. I've also read on here that when cutting pills you obviously don't get the same dosage every time so I brought that up to her and she said that 1.25mg here and 1.5mg there will not matter overtime and is completely safe. You would think cutting a small pill to begin with into 4 would be hard but with a good pill cutter it was very easy. With insurance I paid $5 for a 120 days worth of Proscar. Much much cheaper than I was expecting which was great! Today was my first day taking it but my idea on the sides are hers as well is yes sides come up in about 1% of the population taking the drug but I feel that it simply gets into peoples heads and that the first time they can't get it up maybe from nerves or a million other reasons that blame the drug because that's what the label says. Yes I guess it depends on the age of the person also obviously the older you are even without the drug a lack of sex performance is normal but I guess if a 22 year old is lacking in sex performance it could be related to the drug. There is just so many variables and everyone's body is going to react different to it. I hope I didn't leave anything out and that this helps some people. I would love to hear your thoughts and any questions you may have. I might be able to give my input.

chessmaniac12

Reaction score
My doctor said the almost same thing. 1.5mg one day, 1.25 mg another day doesnt matter.

in the end of 4 days, you got 5mg finastreid.