Dermatitis From Computers I Say, They Call Me Crazy

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The case involved a wrist not scalp, so I don't see a connection to this subforum. (?)

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The case involved a wrist not scalp, so I don't see a connection to this subforum. (?)

It also applies to the scalp, if you google “screen dermatitis” you’ll find plenty. It involves the entire palm and we all scratch our head or face casually so...

Give it some research, it’s interesting. Considering people eat cucumbers and avoid dairy and somehow they think that it “cures” dermatitis, which is absurd.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting you mention that. I attribute not getting colds and flu to the fact that I've trained myself to never touch my face, nose, or rub eyes unless I've first washed my hands or am washing my face. I see people at work using computers, fondling cell phones, among the filthiest things on earth, then rub their eyes agressively. Many of them have contact dermatitis also.

abcdefg

Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21199629/

I will seriously bet $500 that most of you with flakes/dermatitis are going to temporarily heal completely if you completely stay away from a computer/laptop/television, 24/7, for two weeks. Think I’m nuts? Try it.

Yeah ill call you crazy. I cant actually read the entire study to see the details of sample size, statistical methods used, and that but it sounds like a pretty small minor study to me. I would never draw a conclusion off a tiny study like this.
Friction induced hand lesions? Yeah I had this before from using a mouse. I dont see how you make the logical leap from this small study to flakes/dermatitis being caused by these same things. This study isnt even about this.

Last edited: