dermatch questions... (for people who have/are using it)

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
okay i can't stand my hair as it is right now and i think that worrying about it every damn second is just making it worse. i'm going to order dermatch asap.

just have a few questions...

there has been another thread about dermatch that said it came off if you scratched your scalp. is this true?

how good is the coverage?

could it be used on the hairline?

about how long does it take for the sh*t to completely dry?

could you apply it to very short hair? like 1-2 cm long without it looking as if you painted your head? (i have short, shaved hair)

does it have any odor?

could it be used with any styling product(s)?

in your opinion, how good is this stuff? please rate from 1-10 1 being some fucked up scam sh*t and 10 being the best damn thing on earth other than a full thick head of hair.

THANKS!

Thinning1

Reaction score
Hey,

It doesn't come off when you scrath your head. Or when you swim. After initially applying it and after drying (which usually takes me around 5 mins with hair dryer) there is often some minor rub off (for want of better terms) but this usually dries or can be gotton rid off with a quick comb.

My hair is about inch and a half long and it works good. I dunno how it would work with 1-2 cms. Let me know coz I'm probably gonna buzz my hair soon and might wanna use it.

There is no odour once its on you head

My rating on the sh*t scam to God like good scale is about a 8/10
Cheers

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
it's actually a great product.. only negative is that if you touch your scalp, your fingers are the color of the powder...also you have to shampoo it off your scalp before you apply minoxidil. i was told in an email by dermmatch that this is neccessary

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
ix said:
it's actually a great product.. only negative is that if you touch your scalp, your fingers are the color of the powder...also you have to shampoo it off your scalp before you apply minoxidil. i was told in an email by dermmatch that this is neccessary

It will come of if you scratch your head.

you can use it on the hairline, but don't extend it too far from your existing hairline, maybe less than 1 cm. use it sparingly in the hairline, and make sure you coat the hairs at the hairline the same color, the haircolor and color of dermatch should be the same to make it most realistic.

I suggest getting a small spray water bottle. I'd suggest this to anyone who is styling their hair and suffers from male pattern baldness.

it dries very fast, so brush it in your head quickly but gently. if your hair is completely dry and you apply it and then brush it, it may yank your hair. use the water bottle to then moisten you hair with some light spray mists. then brush it all in for color distribution. you can also use a wide tooth hair pick to help separate hairs and then use the brush. this lessens hair stress, which is a problem you'll contend with using dermmatch.

however, once its in, it can be an amazing product.

Thinning1

Reaction score
ix said:

I was under the impression (also from dermatch) that the reason they suggest you don't apply rogain (minoxidil) onto scalp that contains dematch is purley for cosmetic reasons. It has nothing to do with the absorbtion rate. Is this correct or are they saying two different things?

Cheers,

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

hey recedingboy does it come off even if you scratch your head like an hour after it's dry?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
pleasehelpme said:
thanks guys!

hey recedingboy does it come off even if you scratch your head like an hour after it's dry?

Nope. Only if you have applied too much. The Dermmatch that is sticking on the hair is staying on. If you have applied more than one layer, then the Dermmatch is lying on the first layer of Dermmatch and therefore will come off.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermmatch, no matter how long you leave it on, even if you leave it on for 2 days will scrape under your finger nail if you scratch your head (scalp). Will it come of your hair? probably not, but you don't just apply it on your hair, you start at the roots (scalp) and then brush it in. you should also apply it directly to your scalp to minimize contrast b/w skin tone and hair color.

Use it sparingly however, and I do not think it should streak if wet. if you use a lot, then yes, maybe, but it is pretty good when holding up to perspiration, rain, etc. just dont soak your head with water.

if you order it from dermmatch.com they give you two colors for the price of one on your first order. that way you can blend the colors, and 'paint' it on. with practice and experience, you can really do a wonderful job.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I want to add something regarding dermmatch.

Make SURE you do not use hard water on it. apparently, my water is hard, and i have ruined two discs of dermmatch, not cheap at like 40 bucks a pop. It basically starts cracking and then flaking off the disc.

I have purchased spring water with which I use. You only need a little water on the applicator, so one bottle will last you well over a month, no biggie. i also use this water in my spray bottle b/c i believe hard water makes the hair limp and not looking good.