dermatch and shaved heads

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm thinking ever so slightly about shaving my head. It's not accepting defeat or anything but basically I'm sick to death of having to wake up early, wash hair, apply minoxidil, wait to dry and apply dermatch. It takes forever and whilst my hair looks alright, I could do with saving the time! Plus I feel like a change in style.

But the biggest fear of shaving my head is the fact that my crown will be exposed. My front is pretty good, fairly long. It may be slightly receding but no more than most - some naturally have that slight M shape. But I spike my hair up which covers the crown and then any thinning area - and with a shaved head that would be impossible as it would be too short to style!

Does Dermatch look okay on VERY short hair. If i did shave it would be fairly short - or does it just look like a pained scalp?

Thanks!

G

mr_sparkle said:
Hi

I'm thinking ever so slightly about shaving my head. It's not accepting defeat or anything but basically I'm sick to death of having to wake up early, wash hair, apply minoxidil, wait to dry and apply dermatch. It takes forever and whilst my hair looks alright, I could do with saving the time! Plus I feel like a change in style.

But the biggest fear of shaving my head is the fact that my crown will be exposed. My front is pretty good, fairly long. It may be slightly receding but no more than most - some naturally have that slight M shape. But I spike my hair up which covers the crown and then any thinning area - and with a shaved head that would be impossible as it would be too short to style!

Does Dermatch look okay on VERY short hair. If i did shave it would be fairly short - or does it just look like a pained scalp?

Thanks!

How long does it take to apply Dermmatch ? did you try applying anything else like toppik or couvre which might be faster or better ?

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
it doesn't take very long at all. Dermatch is fine.

If you're thinking about how I need to save time it's the minoxidil that takes forever. You have to wait for it to dry so I have to dry my hair which can get pretty long, then apply minoxidil, wait for it to dry and absorb and then apply dermatch. The dermatch alone doesn't take long but I need to apply minoxidil!