Dermarolling Without Minoxidil - Some Questions.

KingIntheNorwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently on dutasteride .5 mg per day. I have tried minoxidil previously but didn’t like the greasy look and also it sucked for when I was on trips with friends and didn’t want to go apply it.

I really want to beef up my regimen a bit to try to generate some regrowth and I have heard of the benefits of dermarolling.

My question is: if I am able to generate some regrowth from dermarolling alone without minoxidil, are those hairs permanent? Or do they only exist as long as I keep rolling? I plan to be on dutasteride or finasteride for as long as I have to.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if there is neogenesis happening and you get new hair then yeah, it is gonna stay as long as you take dutasteride/finasteride and do other stuff to keep it. Maybe try redensyl or stemox (there is a cheap german one) instead, they dont make your hair as greasy. There is also a foam variant of minoxidil.

You could also try LiCl, methyl vanillate or b12 topical all of them are wnt activators(wnt activator got nice synergy with wounding). Rasperry ketone topically would give you some IGF-1. Btw minoxidil stay 22h on your head, just take it 1-2h before going to sleep and you would be find as well. There is also the option of doing topical 3 weeks on 1 week off, to keep your skin from getting used to it.

There is tons of stuff out there, just look for it. Now that you are on dutasteride every little growth factors gonna help you to recover a bit.