Dermarolling: What's The Consensus?

valeous

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've made good progress on the big 3. I feel like finasteride is the most effective. But is dermarolling effective at making minoxidil more therapeutic? Has anyone noticed an improvement with dermarolling? If so, can I get a "how to" of dermarolling? Which dermaroller? When and how often to do it?

Thanks

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've made good progress on the big 3. I feel like finasteride is the most effective. But is dermarolling effective at making minoxidil more therapeutic? Has anyone noticed an improvement with dermarolling? If so, can I get a "how to" of dermarolling? Which dermaroller? When and how often to do it?

Thanks
Dermastamps are better. Get a 1.5mm stamp. Wound once a week. It should bleed a little. Don’t apply topicals that day. Resume as usual the day after. Done.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermastamps are better. Get a 1.5mm stamp. Wound once a week. It should bleed a little. Don’t apply topicals that day. Resume as usual the day after. Done.

Is your experience that it made a difference, Georgie? I know you've said minoxidil has been a bit of a incubus for you.

valeous

Reaction score

Thanks! Does it make any permanent appearing scars on your scalp from the stamps?

EDIT: They say 1.5 mm is to induce wound and generate growth... but if you just want better absorption for minoxidil.. do you just use 0.5 mm?

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! Does it make any permanent appearing scars on your scalp from the stamps?

EDIT: They say 1.5 mm is to induce wound and generate growth... but if you just want better absorption for minoxidil.. do you just use 0.5 mm?
It shouldn’t cause scarring if you do it properly. Yes you can use .5-1mm for just absorption

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I've tried lots of stuff over the years. I really believe the two best treatments I've done are dutasteride and Derminator with minoxidil as #3

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried lots of stuff over the years. I really believe the two best treatments I've done are dutasteride and Derminator with minoxidil as #3
And are they still working? I hazard to call any treatment effective if it’s results wane

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
And are they still working? I hazard to call any treatment effective if it’s results wane

dutasteride helped restore my diffuse areas, but still receding. Might be test sensitive, need to re add RU. For the average person, finasteride/dutasteride plus needling would be a great combo

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride helped restore my diffuse areas, but still receding. Might be test sensitive, need to re add RU. For the average person, finasteride/dutasteride plus needling would be a great combo
Not for yours truly.