Dermarolling Takes The Maddening Itch Away From Scalp

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that dermarolling seems to be an instantaneous solution to the itch? After poking all around my scalp for maybe 2 minutes the itch is completely satisfied..

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely. Although this makes me wonder if it masks the itching which some associate with sebum production/miniaturisation...
Depending on the level of wounding, you do get some itch during the wound recovery, then it becomes difficult to tell whether it is the wound healing process or some nasty miniaturisation doing its thing. Either way, I do think it improves the scalp health (provided you're able to keep scalp from infection).
Can we simply think of microneedling as a way of 'scratching the itch' as well as providing the wounding needed for potential growth?

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be interested whether that itch relief is the release of tension in the scalp, release of some wound healing factor (I doubt this, with how immediate the relief is), or just a distraction from the itch.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Also the day after my hair stands up better and and straighter along the hairline where needling happened. That part might be in my head.