Dermarolling Success - 2 Months In Pictures Attached

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Why should travellinf prevent you drom using minoxidil foam?

Your hairloss is really really really mild so dont worry too much

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why should travellinf prevent you drom using minoxidil foam?

Your hairloss is really really really mild so dont worry too much

I’m going to be sleeping rough and constantly on the move so it will be a bit of a stuggle to get a mirror let alone some time to myself to apply minoxidil and dermaroll :(

Reactions: Oro

faxman

Reaction score
I have been thinking for a long time to go dermarolling and when I see your pictures, I am quite amazed by how the refill happens.

Congrats !

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 3 and a half years on Propecia and 2 years on minoxidil with success, In the past 6 months my hair started to take a hit again. It reached a point where i was uncertain if i was even above baseline anymore so i decided to give derma rolling a shot to see if it would end my shed and strengthen up my diffuse hairloss.

My regime was 1.5mm wounding every Sunday and 0.5mm to increase absorption every Tuesday and Thursday night. I would apply minoxidil straight after, even on the Sundays. I have experienced no side affects as of yet.

2 Months in and i am confidence to say that my experiment has been a success. My shedding has been cut in half, even though i still shed quite a few hairs daily, and my hair seems a lot less diffuse lately. Furthermore my temple points seem to be filling in again slowly but surely. I have attached photos below so you can assess for yourselves.

View attachment 76675 View attachment 76676 View attachment 76677 View attachment 76678
Awesome. Nice hair and really nice hairline. One thing, though, why the gelled up slick back hair? You can make it look much thicker with a more natural messy approach.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. Nice hair and really nice hairline. One thing, though, why the gelled up slick back hair? You can make it look much thicker with a more natural messy approach.

This is just wet slicked back hair from the shower for the sake of getting clear pictures of my hair loss.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update-

I have had to completely change my routine and I have been missing minoxidil applications quite frequently due to travelling. I now only Dermastamp with 1.0mm as this is the best I can do currently, and even with this I have only been averaging 1-2 times a week.

I feel like as a result of this my experiment is now doomed for failure but here is an up to date photo. I think I’m going to stop with the stamping/rolling for now as honestly it is too much hastle. It is a shame because I am yet to hit the 3month mark :(

EA7986F4-7048-4944-946A-D3FCAD4A3BC6.jpeg 02BAD48E-0D7A-402E-8F18-B0F9B4124AD5.jpeg A55315D8-DD6B-48E2-B21D-70690598A74B.jpeg

Reactions: Oro

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also in general in terms of my hair loss journey I’ve passed the 4 year mark since I began battling hair loss. I was aggressively balding at 18 years of age so to hit this point and still maintain/ have better hair than when I started is a blessing. Here are some 4 year comparison pictures. First 2 pictures are the beginning of my journey, last 2 are current.

View attachment 88249 View attachment 88250 View attachment 88252 View attachment 88251

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great. Which stamp do u use? It looks much easier to use than a roller. Do u still bleed with the stamp?

Only minimal bleeding with a stamp. I use a 1.5mm stamp a quick amazon search will find you the one.

I think the reason for less bleeding is because you get a much cleaner entry, dermarolling Rips your skin hence more bleeding which I don’t believe is good.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the regrowth. Did you not get any side effects at all when starting? Some people complain about puffy face they get from using it then quit shortly afterwards.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the regrowth. Did you not get any side effects at all when starting? Some people complain about puffy face they get from using it then quit shortly afterwards.

When I first started minoxidil I believe it gave me more of a full face (at this point I was applying directly to my facial hair area). I only noticed when I was looking back on pictures, it was mild and to be honest may of just been subtle weight gain across summer. But that has since subsided, in general I don’t believe I’ve experienced any sides.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling 1-2 times a week is plenty imo. Going from zero to 1-2 is most likely more beneficial than going from 1-2 to every day and that is completely ignoring the possibility of slowing down the process because of repeated "injuring" of your scalp.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling 1-2 times a week is plenty imo. Going from zero to 1-2 is most likely more beneficial than going from 1-2 to every day and that is completely ignoring the possibility of slowing down the process because of repeated "injuring" of your scalp.

I dermaroll 2-3times a week, but my main aim is for minoxidil absorption if I was to be going for the whole wound neogensis thing I shouldn’t be wounding more than once every 2 weeks or so.

I also do not aim not make my head bleed like mad as some people in the past have done, only a few drops of blood here and there. So I think 3 times a week is ok, and has been proven to work for me.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermaroll 2-3times a week, but my main aim is for minoxidil absorption if I was to be going for the whole wound neogensis thing I shouldn’t be wounding more than once every 2 weeks or so.

I also do not aim not make my head bleed like mad as some people in the past have done, only a few drops of blood here and there. So I think 3 times a week is ok, and has been proven to work for me.

I'm surprised some of you guys can make yourself bleed. I tried on two occasions the bulldozer tactic, not a single drop of blood, just red. My eyes get really wet when dermarolling though which prevents me from doing things really forcefully (which you shouldn't either way).