Dermarolling Success - 2 Months In Pictures Attached

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 3 and a half years on Propecia and 2 years on minoxidil with success, In the past 6 months my hair started to take a hit again. It reached a point where i was uncertain if i was even above baseline anymore so i decided to give derma rolling a shot to see if it would end my shed and strengthen up my diffuse hairloss.

My regime was 1.5mm wounding every Sunday and 0.5mm to increase absorption every Tuesday and Thursday night. I would apply minoxidil straight after, even on the Sundays. I have experienced no side affects as of yet.

2 Months in and i am confidence to say that my experiment has been a success. My shedding has been cut in half, even though i still shed quite a few hairs daily, and my hair seems a lot less diffuse lately. Furthermore my temple points seem to be filling in again slowly but surely. I have attached photos below so you can assess for yourselves.

haor.jpg hairr.jpg Hairloss talk.jpg Hairloss.jpg

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey OP i just checked your old thread and you got great result with propecia

I’m pretty sure my results were with minoxidil and not propecia - when I got insane regrow was a couple of months after I started applying minoxidil.

Also guys the sad part of this is that I can’t keep this regime up for much longer as I’m going travelling soon :(

Reactions: Oro

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@centurie aweome results! I have some hairline recession at the temples which occurred 16 years ago when or prior to when i was 21. Been on finasteride since. Maybe that is why I have kept the rest of my hair. It never regrew the hair at the temples though. I have never tried minoxidil though. I didnt think it could regrow at the temples. So am amazed by your results. Maybe I should get some. Good to hear you had no shedding from minoxidil. I might try it out. I would be amazed if the temple hair re-grew.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any before photos to show your temples?

Here are photos of my temple points, the first is a week before starting and the second is 1month 3 weeks in. As you can see it looks like they are filling in - it's a shame i will have to stop soon because i may have been on the road to completely recovering my temples.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I think it is worthwhile giving minoxidil a shot, for me it regrow hair everywhere, It even gave me a beard i never had before! But after 2 years of use i lost the gains it gave me in terms of hair growth, but now it seems with Dermarolling i am recovering what i had lost.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 3 and a half years on Propecia and 2 years on minoxidil with success, In the past 6 months my hair started to take a hit again. It reached a point where i was uncertain if i was even above baseline anymore so i decided to give derma rolling a shot to see if it would end my shed and strengthen up my diffuse hairloss.

My regime was 1.5mm wounding every Sunday and 0.5mm to increase absorption every Tuesday and Thursday night. I would apply minoxidil straight after, even on the Sundays. I have experienced no side affects as of yet.

2 Months in and i am confidence to say that my experiment has been a success. My shedding has been cut in half, even though i still shed quite a few hairs daily, and my hair seems a lot less diffuse lately. Furthermore my temple points seem to be filling in again slowly but surely. I have attached photos below so you can assess for yourselves.

View attachment 76675 View attachment 76676 View attachment 76677 View attachment 76678

Where do you get a dermaroller? I have no idea when/how to use it nor do I know about the different types.....someone help me please :'(

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get a dermaroller? I have no idea when/how to use it nor do I know about the different types.....someone help me please :'(

These ones from amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VUS5BFA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IE0xAb782G0NS

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XDM5XQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_EF0xAbQVQ3C8Q

You can find guides on how to roll online, but you mostly develope your own technique.

I would like to stat using it on my crown but since I have a **** ton of hair and very small loss there, I'll probably end up pulling loads of hair out with the roller. Seems like it works best with Minoxidil too.

If you’re careful you can do it effectively by using it straight out the shower when your hair is wet and parting your hair with a comb. You need a hand mirror to guide yourself though.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What brand of minoxidil are you using, and how much a day?

Regaine foam - it’s the UK version of rogain. I aim for 2x a day but usually miss an application. I try to cover my whole head but it’s very difficult with long hair and using the foam.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do u get redness or bleeding? Does it sting when u apply minoxidil after?

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the 1.5 mm last night, and it hurt. I then flipped it around, no longer holding the roller part, and it hurt a thousand times worse.

It also was getting all tangled up in my hair. I can only image how much it would hurt if I put pressure on it. And then, how much? I would need some lidocaine.

I just do not see any before and after photos in forums. Only stock photos by sellers and study. I also thought it stank the study didn't last 2 years, at least. Such forum photos would make my desire over come the pain.

If it were easy, I would just do it. But, at this pain level, I may just do half my head for next year, and see how the halves match.

I also understand that minoxidil depletes collagen, and lysine can build collagen. So, maybe adding lysine to the Rogaine may help, or do same thing as the Derma roller ?

I read the 1.5 is necessary, but at that painlevel with no pressure, maybe a 1 or .5 mm would be better with more pressure.

I even tried conditioner and combing, but it kept ripping my hair out and tangling up my wet hair.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the 1.5 mm last night, and it hurt. I then flipped it around, no longer holding the roller part, and it hurt a thousand times worse.

It also was getting all tangled up in my hair. I can only image how much it would hurt if I put pressure on it. And then, how much? I would need some lidocaine.

I just do not see any before and after photos in forums. Only stock photos by sellers and study. I also thought it stank the study didn't last 2 years, at least. Such forum photos would make my desire over come the pain.

If it were easy, I would just do it. But, at this pain level, I may just do half my head for next year, and see how the halves match.

I also understand that minoxidil depletes collagen, and lysine can build collagen. So, maybe adding lysine to the Rogaine may help, or do same thing as the Derma roller ?

I read the 1.5 is necessary, but at that painlevel with no pressure, maybe a 1 or .5 mm would be better with more pressure.

I even tried conditioner and combing, but it kept ripping my hair out and tangling up my wet hair.
I have moved to 2mm stamping a lot less pain than 1.5mm dermaroller ! And gebce gona try do it every 4 to 5 days as i seem to be healed enough. 1.5mm stamp doesnt seem to be enough wounding ? 1.5 roller hurts most ! But also largest wound response

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonder why 2mm would not hurt as much. The force would be distributed over wider area, so wont sink as deep?

I tried the maximum pressure I was willing to exert on the thin skin of my inner wrist. It wasn't spectacular,just irritation rash that lasted an hour or so.

I do not see how the psi can be standardized on these things, enough to ensure universal outcomes.

Still looking for more threads on forums with pictures. Doing half the head would be more scientific. Plus, doing half the head, a guy could attract both chick types: those attracted to hair, and those that love a bald guy.

INT

Reaction score
Regaine foam - it’s the UK version of rogain. I aim for 2x a day but usually miss an application. I try to cover my whole head but it’s very difficult with long hair and using the foam.

Have your tried liqifying it first?

1994d

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are photos of my temple points, the first is a week before starting and the second is 1month 3 weeks in. As you can see it looks like they are filling in - it's a shame i will have to stop soon because i may have been on the road to completely recovering my temples.

View attachment 76757 View attachment 76758

I think it is worthwhile giving minoxidil a shot, for me it regrow hair everywhere, It even gave me a beard i never had before! But after 2 years of use i lost the gains it gave me in terms of hair growth, but now it seems with Dermarolling i am recovering what i had lost.

Why do you have to stop?