Dermarolling, Microneedling, Recommendations

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
The Indian study used microneedling and minoxidil vs minoxidil alone, but I wonder if microneedling alone will produce benefits? Any products you guys could recommend?

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
No, by itself it won't do anything.

Do you say this from only your experience? It seems reasonable that it would work by itself with it's different mechanisms, wound healing, increasing blood circulation, growth factors, nutrients in the scalp, etc. Also in the Indian study the minoxidil only group barely regrew any hair, so I wonder if the minoxidil used in the microneedling group had much if any added effects.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you say this from only your experience? It seems reasonable that it would work by itself with it's different mechanisms, wound healing, increasing blood circulation, growth factors, nutrients in the scalp, etc. Also in the Indian study the minoxidil only group barely regrew any hair, so I wonder if the minoxidil used in the microneedling group had much if any added effects.
I have heard that it works without minoxidil because it is doing something completely different. This is what I have heard from these forums. I cannot be positive on this, as I have no experience with dermarolling.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
How often do you micro needle? Also how long after microneedleing to you apply the minoxidil?

simtastic

Reaction score
How often do you micro needle? Also how long after microneedleing to you apply the minoxidil?
using 1.5mm needles 1x week is enough. I apply minoxidil immediately after dermarolling as it increases the absorption of minoxidil and if you want to use any other topicals after dermarolling you should use it within 40-60 min of dermarolling as the wounds starts to heal after 40 mins.