Dermarolling Every Day Legit Or Waste Of Time?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive heard using a dermaroller 0.5 or 1.5 daily can give a massive boost in hair growth. Is it legit or a fad?

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do 1.5 every 4 days with a derminator. Dermarollers suck dude, atleast get a dermastamp.

Agreed that dermastamp/derminator/dermapen is the way to go, but 1.5mm every 4 days is probably way too often. You have to give the healing process time to work:
wound_healing.jpg

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently started dermarolling everyday with a 1.5 dermaroller. I do it after I shower and then use the minoxidil from Hair Restoration Laboratories. I have heard good stories about using it on a daily basis and then applying the minoxidil right away to enhance penetration.

If you're pressing hard, you're probably wounding too often (see above post). If you're applying minoxidil on fresh deep wounds, you might as well be drinking the stuff.

Systemic minoxidil no good:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ol-will-make-your-face-look-like-sh*t.109593/

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed that dermastamp/derminator/dermapen is the way to go, but 1.5mm every 4 days is probably way too often. You have to give the healing process time to work:
View attachment 95571

I mean I understand what you're saying but I think hair is different than other skin. I started off doing it once every 10 days or so and have slowly adjusted to what I saw worked best for me. I would advise others to not go beyond once per week though.

I use the derminator on my face as well about once every 3 weeks as well at a lesser mm.
I also do my beard/stubble once a week too. Works great for everything

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
The derminator is an over-priced piece of garbage if you're interested in precision. You can watch the digital gauge when using it to see just how much the numbers jump around. If you want it to hit anywhere near the programmed depth, you have to hold it in a single spot, effectively turning your tissue into hamburger meat. Lol @ anyone who says this is more effective and causes less trauma than a roller. Also, even the fresh needles will dislodge from the mechanism into your scalp, indicating that it has exceeded the penetration depth and is now causing damage. The best method is a manual stamp; stamp once-move-stamp once-move. The easiest method is a roller. f*** the derminator.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@iSlapBitches i thought you are a NW0, what happened lad?

OP, give me a month and I’ll tell you if it’s a waste of time or not. I’m massaging my scalp with a vibration machine and dermarolling eod with a 0,5mm. So far, it clearly does something, it enlarges pores and the invisible hair on my scalp wake up but not enough to be visible. They are still thin and white. And short. And resting. More like dead.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@iSlapBitches i thought you are a NW0, what happened lad?

OP, give me a month and I’ll tell you if it’s a waste of time or not. I’m massaging my scalp with a vibration machine and dermarolling eod with a 0,5mm. So far, it clearly does something, it enlarges pores and the invisible hair on my scalp wake up but not enough to be visible. They are still thin and white. And short. And resting. More like dead.

What the hell are you talking about dude? You cant just stop dermarolling or other treatments. You have to do them forever.