Dermarolling Doing More Harm Than Good?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just watched that video and I would like to hear your opinion on it.

He's selling PRP etc., and of course, dermarolling should be done under his supervision.

He's also saying: "Superficial scalp microneedling may cause inflammation, which induces shedding". Does someone have any proof for that, because I cannot find it...

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think dermarolling can cause shedding. I have never read any credible experience with this regard.
However, infection is a possibility and you should avoid it at all costs, through continuous sterilization of the tool.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just watched that video and I would like to hear your opinion on it.

He's selling PRP etc., and of course, dermarolling should be done under his supervision.

He's also saying: "Superficial scalp microneedling may cause inflammation, which induces shedding". Does someone have any proof for that, because I cannot find it...
I've been looking into dermarolling pretty heavily over the past few weeks, basically viewing every thread I can find on any site - I haven't heard of it inducing shedding either. Almost every person who stuck with it over 2 months noticed results to a different degree. But if you get an infection from it I'm sure that could cause you to shed until it's dealt with.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is a joke, makes claims without backing it up to scare ppl away from hair @home treatment. Ofc he is going to tell you it is okay to do microneedling, but at his clinics for 300 bucks the needling session.

And it is a given that he is also going to offer you to inject you shittie growthfactors he filters from your own blood... for a bit less than 1000 bucks :)

Meanwhile he uses a picture from the fgf9 study, but those real growthfactors are probably far more expensive/less profitable for him.

And ofc hair does not get long. Crth2+pgd2/pgj2 kills hair and keeps it from neogenesis for most part of it. FGF5 is PGD2 downstream and was shown to limit hair length from what I remember. We still lack a potent synthetic antagonist of it, while you can just inhibit crth2, I wonder what a fgf5 antagonist is capable of, alone and in combination with a crth2 antagonist. Mother nature (evolis) wont do that.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what a fgf5 antagonist is capable of

It would give you some killer eyelashes, apparently.

F1.large.jpg

F3.large.jpg

Source: FGF5 is a crucial regulator of hair length in humans