Dermarolling And minoxidil Is It Beneficial?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is dermarolling beneficial when used with minoxidil ( I know this used to be a big topic a few years ago) just wondering if it's worthwhile to incorporate? Also is it true that you should wait 24 hours between rolling and applying minoxidil, to protect your heart?

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on the person I think, for example, I massage my head for about 1 minute before I apply my minoxidil, it gives me a brief stinging sensation when I apply it. I would say in my own case the carrier (alcohol) is penetrating my skin efficiently so there would be no need to dermaroll.

If you have thicker skin, or maybe less reaction to the delivery mechanism, you might want to incorporate dermaroll to help get the drug into the system. Its all about yourself really but in my own case dermarolling is not beneficial.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on the person I think, for example, I massage my head for about 1 minute before I apply my minoxidil, it gives me a brief stinging sensation when I apply it. I would say in my own case the carrier (alcohol) is penetrating my skin efficiently so there would be no need to dermaroll.

If you have thicker skin, or maybe less reaction to the delivery mechanism, you might want to incorporate dermaroll to help get the drug into the system. Its all about yourself really but in my own case dermarolling is not beneficial.
But there have been studies that shown it improved the benefits of minoxidil.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermaroll at 1,5mm once a week.
Then apply minoxidil OR Lithium Chloride.

Dermaroll does a lot of good things for hair,it has his place in the Big 3 (so Big 4?)

Protect your heart ? Never heard things like that.
But you must absolutely sanitize/sterilize it at every use you make

norwood-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't use minoxidil right after dermarolling. Wait at least 12 hours.