Dermaroller...

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Can Dermarollers damage the scalp, more importantly the hair follicles and cause permanent damage resulting in the hair loss (shedding)? Or is there a lot of benefit to using them on the scalp to apply topicals?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you need to reach the follicles. The .5 roller is recommended for hair on the Dermaroller site. I think all you need is some redness to get blood flowing to that area.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is crazy to use these things, poking holes all over your skin is a recipe for disaster.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get some redness, but you may poke a couple small holes which I don't think is a big deal. In the case of rolling less is better so don't over do it and use common sense. I think most use it once a week.

T

tellersquill

To not use it to draw blood - to bleed is unhealthy. I've been researching this a lot lately.

Fall

Reaction score
Dermarolling is no fun. The results do not justify that pain and risk of infection. Perhaps there are some people who say if you want to be pretty you will have to suffer but please not in this way.

T

tellersquill

Why is it banned, useful for getting topicals deep in scalp! Pain is not that bad, and disinfect ever use

Because idiots took it too far and ruined it for the rest of us. They wounded their heads too much thinking they were doing good and ended up bleeding a fair bit. It started a bit of a bleeding culture and the moderator didn't want to endorse it.

Dermarolling is fine if you research it and do it properly.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Because idiots took it too far and ruined it for the rest of us. They wounded their heads too much thinking they were doing good and ended up bleeding a fair bit. It started a bit of a bleeding culture and the moderator didn't want to endorse it.

Dermarolling is fine if you research it and do it properly.

Yeah see I'm looking just going over my entire skills four times maybe a couple minutes total, 1mm and not nearly enough pressure to cause bleeding! Plus I'm going to disinfect it before every use with 70% alcohol boiling water. Do you plan on doing it every other day for three weeks after that every day with a "hair growth" tonic

resu

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of getting the scalp more inflamed but if you think the shoddy results aka none are worth it then go for it.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't expect results from derma rolling alone, and anti-inflammatory is a priority on any hair loss patrons regimen

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
If you want to wound to cause regrowth you are going about it the completely the wrong way. First off Derminator/Derma stamp over Dermaroller, secondly you are going to want to bleed but NOT as severely as some of the idiots on this forum were. Good lord they were dumb, you want the needles set at 1.5mm as well.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are Derma rollers actually proven to work then? I know a lot of people say they've had some success with them but I thought the trials were inconclusive. Doing that to your scalp seems like a last resort to me.............

T

tellersquill

Are Derma rollers actually proven to work then? I know a lot of people say they've had some success with them but I thought the trials were inconclusive. Doing that to your scalp seems like a last resort to me.............

There was a study in 2012 about dermaorolling making minoxidl a lot more affective.

The flaw of the study was that it only 97 participants.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to wound to cause regrowth you are going about it the completely the wrong way. First off Derminator/Derma stamp over Dermaroller, secondly you are going to want to bleed but NOT as severely as some of the idiots on this forum were. Good lord they were dumb, you want the needles set at 1.5mm as well.

I'm mostly doing it so the topical solution I'm trying gets into the scalp better.