Dermaroller with minoxidil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

losemyhead

Reaction score
someone use this roller? how do you use?
why do you not use it?

i read about it alot but the theards where from 2006-2008.

spread some light my friends!

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use a dermaroller to open up the pores for increased absorbation. Not alot of people uses it for Minoxidil because it's not worth the effort since Minoxidil gets absorbed easily without rolling with a dermaroller. I don't think using a derma roller for Minoxidil will make any difference. It's molecular weight is 209.248 g/mol while everything below 500 g/mol can penetrate the skin. A more suitable substance for the use of demarollers would be between 300-500g/mol.

http://www.hairlossbuddha.com/the-5...-penetration-of-chemical-compounds-and-drugs/

n1ckk

Reaction score
Another reason why people use the dermaroller is becuase it promotes blood flow to the scalp. Others believe that by damaging the scalp, the scalp recovers itself ( along with some hair ) .

person22

Reaction score
ive started using a dermaroller, only about ten days in but ill keep ya posted, the way i see it u might aswell try, it only cost me a tenner, people r like sheep on forums they just follow everyone else, youd think this is a good thing but im sure some good products get over looked, try it, u never know

losemyhead

Reaction score
What you feel after 10 days? You feel any difference after spraying the minoxi?

I know that there isn't cure for baldness not matter what people will claim here,but its worth to belive in something until you will accept that you will never have full hair again.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
What you feel after 10 days? You feel any difference after spraying the minoxi?

I know that there isn't cure for baldness not matter what people will claim here,but its worth to belive in something until you will accept that you will never have full hair again.

You know? From whom? Who was the wise guy that told you this top secret information? Since we know that finasteride has a 86% success rate even after 10 years, your information must be based on some new, unpublished study lasting much longer, perhaps even 50 years, am I right? Maybe you yourself are the (co-)author of this study, so share your negative results with us, please. We are thrilled to learn something new.

losemyhead

Reaction score
Don't be angry,I don't want to mislead everyone.
I was using with 1 mg finasteride for over a year and now I start use minoxidil.
My hair just got worse and there is nothing to do but accept it.

All this big 3 treatment is for people that already have hair and want to maintain it.people with mn5-7 can't make their hair better in 85% of the cases.
Sorry mate but **** the studies.you can check the "success stories" in the forum and see for yourslef how minor is the success and for how.

person22

Reaction score
yeah lets not get into a debate over this, the simplest way to describe takling hair loss in my opinon is different things work for different people with different levels of success,
which is why i think its good to try a few things until you find what works for you, currently my simple regime of nizoral every other day, regaine twice a day, medigro supplements and derma roller are working well to maintain what i got..... ANYWAY
yeah after using the dermaroller the skin goes slightly red for a few mins and a slight sting when applying the regain but thats it,
i only use it in the evening and i do 10 strokes in 3 different directions on my temples, its way too early to claim any success from it but i certainly cant see why it would have a negative effect, theres also an argument for it helping collagen, blood flow etc, who knows, lets see

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
You'll probably need to use the dermaroller on the wrinkles you get from over-absorption of minoxidil :p

I actually use a dermaroller to fend of wrinkles, but I used it before I started sorting out my hair loss. It's very good for forehead lines (not so great for fine eye lines). I am quite lucky with wrinkles because I am almost 30 and hardly have any but I can see lines developing.

gojira

Reaction score
how big should the middle be? is this safe to use? how often do have to change it and clean it?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't be angry,I don't want to mislead everyone.
I was using with 1 mg finasteride for over a year and now I start use minoxidil.
My hair just got worse and there is nothing to do but accept it.

All this big 3 treatment is for people that already have hair and want to maintain it.people with mn5-7 can't make their hair better in 85% of the cases.
Sorry mate but **** the studies.you can check the "success stories" in the forum and see for yourslef how minor is the success and for how.

This is BS. The 10 yr study of finasteride shows that those with MORE ADVANCED STAGES OF Androgenetic Alopecia, see MORE IMPROVEMENT. Of course that level of *improvement* may still not be satisfying as a Norwood 2/3 is at just maintaining what he already has, but telling people to Fk the studies is silly. They are objective accounts of what these drugs do in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.