Derma Needling How Deep Should I Bleed.

gibbsy08

Reaction score
I'm 47 and over the years I've experimented with different methods I used minoxidil and I think it may slowed down my hairloss at the time I think,I was 30 at the time I used it for a few months then stopped the reason I stopped is because I was using the legit regain from boots chemist but it was just too expensive and I didn't know about the cheaper altenatives at the time.

When I was around 40 I knew about the Kirkland brand and started using it and I don't know if it was working so I just stopped again I've tried onion juice as well lol I done that for maybe three months and I stinked lol don't know if it did anything but my hairloss never got any worse so who knows what I would say is I would not knock any natural remedies until you try them for yourself.

I knew about wounding the scalp and read about it but I never really committed to it until a few months ago I tried derma rolling with a 0.5 roller I done that a couple of times and during that time I decided to swat back up again on the procedure of derma rolling and I found a website called hairloss revolution they had a product there called the scalp elixir I bought it to try it it has all natural ingredients peppermint oil, magnesium oil, olive leaf extract, nettle root tincture, Rosemary oil,saw palmetto tincture, red reishi tincture,taurine, caffeine.

I know people will say that this is all crap but I wanted to keep it natural and I have my reasons I then got a derma pen from the same website it is adjustable all the way up to 3mm the reason for using the pen is I felt that the Derma roller snagged the hair a little bit again that was my reason for changing and my hair isn't thick it is fine and obviously thinning and balding lol.

So now I have some questions because derma rolling, stamping is quite contradicting and I don't mean the study I mean opinions on forums because some say it is wounding and you have to spot bleed a little and others say bleeding is damaging to the follicle example this thread is against bleeding so what is the correct way bleed or not it is all quite confusing.

Anyway I finally plucked up the courage to use the stamp the other day that I bought months ago lol and my scalp bled I was pressing jabbing quite hard because I was going with the premise that bleeding spotting was better for the regenerative process to work Eg collagen production.

Some questions.

1)will you bleed anyway regardless of the pressure you use because the needles are 1mm and you are piercing the skin.

2) I also read somewhere I can't remember that using minoxidil afterwards is useless it doesn't work it should be applied 24hours after wounding I think it said that in the study but I could be wrong I'm not using minoxidil the now anyway but I thought I'd ask.
Thanks.

iBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop hurting yourself please. You create more inflammation to your skin/scalp.

But that's only my personal opinion. I might be wrong.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I imagine it depends how thick your skin is. i don't bleed when i derma roll. redness yeah but no blood.

I don't know whether blood is a good thing

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 2mm every two weeks for wounding, there is redness and little specks of blood, but not much. I think that is enough, no need to roll until you are bleeding heavily imo. If you just want to aid in absorption of a product use a roller 1.5mm or so and not a stamp, roll very lightly to cause some redness but not much, it shouldn't tangle your hair if used right.

Last edited:

Jambo

Reaction score
I have started recently with 1.5mm and don’t bleed but it is extremely painful on the hairline around the temple points where there is no hair.

Eyes watering and nose running pain. o_O

Anyone else find this?

gibbsy08

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the replys Derelict why not a stamp in your opinion what do you feel is wrong with the stamp surely you are still wounding so both tools are giving you the results you need I know the study was with a roller but some people say you do more damage with the roller than the stamp also my hair is thin but I did sort of feel the roller pull the hair a little.

Does anyone feel that you are making it worse e.g. when you look at your scalp the next day it is red so you can see the scalp more, so you actually look even balder I'm feeling like the end is in sight for me e.g. a one all over or whatever because when my hair gets longer now it just looks stupid no shape no volume just flat with a shed that is starting to look like a comb over lol.

What are you all using are you using minoxidil or any pills or is anyone using natural remmedies like myself what I talk about in my first post thanks.

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, why no stamp? I'm curious as well... i mean, the stamp is significantly cheaper than a dermapen. I wouldn't ever use a roller tho..too risky.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am going to start doing this thing in addition with my minoxidil use, with 0.5 and 1.5 mm needles. 0.5 mm everyday (is it safe?) and 1.5mm once a week. So I have a few questions.

Do I have to do this while my hair is wet after showering or do I need to dry my hair first?

How do I clean my scalp after using this thing? Can I use something like disinfection tissues? I am thinking I am going to bleed a little after using the 1.5mm one.

Can I use 0.5mm everyday along with applying minoxidil? Is it safe to apply it straight after rolling or should I wait a few hours? How long if so?