Depression From Finasteride. But Why?

Robinvanpersie20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped finasteride 2.5 months ago after I had taken it for a year. The results were really good, but due to the side effect I had to stop. I felt a depression that I had never had before. Just one month after I quit, I was really happy again and saw that everything started to be good. Except the hair!

Just 2 days ago, due to my concern with the hair, I started on topical finasteride 0.25 mg and minoxidil 3% to see if it gives me the same side effect. Already two days later, I feel the same side effect (depression) that I had when I took it orally. My question is: What causes depression?

Is it blocking DHT or other substances in finasteride that give rise to depressive thoughts and mood. If it is blocking DHT, would that mean that if I tried Brotzu Lotion and it blocked DHT I want to experience the same side effect?

Juventaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lowering androgen/estrogen ratio can reduce energy or =depression. Same reason why taking T-replacement therapy gives lots of guys an energy boost. finasteride increases T a tiny bit but at the expense of a lot of DHT while also rising Estrogen.

Personal rec is to use meditation and HIIT to naturally increase HGH, T and otherwise just straight fight depression. GL bud

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lowering androgen/estrogen ratio can reduce energy or =depression. Same reason why taking T-replacement therapy gives lots of guys an energy boost. finasteride increases T a tiny bit but at the expense of a lot of DHT while also rising Estrogen.

Personal rec is to use meditation and HIIT to naturally increase HGH, T and otherwise just straight fight depression. GL bud

How and what kind of meditation? Just curious.

Robinvanpersie20

My Regimen
Reaction score

My energy is very high. I go to fitness 6 times a week, works a lot and always find energy to do what i have to do.
Nevertheless, the days are feeling gloomy

Juventaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My energy is very high. I go to fitness 6 times a week, works a lot and always find energy to do what i have to do.
Nevertheless, the days are feeling gloomy

Pretty interesting and rare to have high energy yet still have depression, especially hormone-related depression.

No idea about your personal circumstances but libido loss (can be caused by lowered DHT) or general emoitional issues (can be cause by increased estrogen) could be to blame.

Only other advice would be to see about reducing your estrogen levels. Would still rec meditation, always. Cheers man.

Robinvanpersie20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant say i have a depression, But more depressive mood sometimes. Now im happy in the morning, But when the evening is coming, it change and it feels bad