Dental Work In The Days After Transplant

lg1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on getting a hair transplant later in the year, I'm going to Istanbul for a week and will have the procedure done then. Im also planning my holidays around it as i dont want to go to work straight after.

I also plan to get some dental work in the days after the hair transplant, while I'm in Istanbul. I plan crowns on my teeth and root canal. Would this be ok?

I plan to go on holidays a week after the transplant where I will be swimming (maybe diving 2 weeks or so after the procedure) Should this be ok?

lg1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone that has had a transplant offer advice? Would going the dentist be ok or a bad idea?

MikeConner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to the dentist might be okay, although lying back on your donor area might be rather uncomfortable and detrimental to healing.

Going swimming and diving a week or two after the transplant is a terrible idea. You should put that off for at least a few months after the transplant. You'll put strain on the transplant and donor areas and risk getting an infection.

lg1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers thanks for the reply. I'm getting most of my dental work done the day before the transplant so I hope I won't be too long in the dentist chair after the transplant.

I'll skip the diving session so.

Thanks!

andrewmorras

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do not need to worry about your teeth, such procedures do not require a long recovery. The only thing that is important after such an intervention is good oral hygiene on vacation, since in the first month the teeth are most sensitive to the effects of any factors. Take dental floss and some kind of irrigator with you on vacation and regularly treat your teeth so that food does not get stuck there for a long time. I can recommend you the waterpik 660, since I use it myself after my dentist recommended it to me. I can't say anything about your hair, since I haven't encountered anything like this, but I think your doctor will warn you about what you can't do

Last edited:

Sewad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry. I do not think anyone on this forum can offer you advice. This is an individual question, and you should address it with your dentist or doctor! After a hair transplant, I know that you cannot wash your hair for a while. Regarding dental work, from my experience, you feel uncomfortable and whimsical. I would stay for a few days home and relax. After all, these are serious procedures. Recently, I did an orthodontic correction treatment at https://smiledoctors.com/treatment/invisalign-for-adults/. Surprisingly, it was painless, but I needed a few days to get used to the device. Take care!

Last edited:

MaeReeves

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, my dear, we are going to figure this out. I had the same problems, and I could help you. But it was with my nails I had a deficit of calcium. I consulted many family doctors, and they recommended me this company https://thehealthysmile.net/dental-services/cosmetic-dentistry-bay-village-ohio/. They really helped me out, and now I am thankful for their very effective methods. It would be best to try using their advice or finding a company like this, where you will be offered the help you need. Or, if you are scared, maybe it would be better to get to a rehab center.