Dental fillings and male pattern baldness - Who has 0 fillings and still experiences male pattern baldness?

Slim Brady

Reaction score
By now it is fairly common knowledge in the West that most types of mercury amalgam fillings actually cause systemic, low-dose, mercury poisoning. Many dentists don't use them anymore.
Slightly less known is that many types of white fillings are made with BPA, a known hormone disruptor that is banned by the FDA from manufacture in most food plastics. Here's an example news story about BPA/dental fillings/hormone disruption, although you can find plenty more with some basic Googling.
http://kutv.com/news/features/family-matters/stories/vid_130.shtml
While not all white fillings contain BPA, one should wonder whether our current body of medical knowledge is aware of all actions caused by other compounds currently being used, besides BPA.

After I had my metal fillings removed a few months ago, I noticed a tremendous benefit to my mental well-being, which I won't describe here unless many are very curious, but I would recommend it generally to all of those with metal fillings.

My question to forum members is: Are there any of you out there who are experiencing classic male pattern baldness (frontal thinning or crown; not universalis or diffuse), who have no cavities, no dental fillings, or any other foreign materials besides organic food in your bodies?
I would venture to guess that most of us have fillings of one kind or another, so I'm hoping to hear specifically from those who are certain they do not have anything like that in their mouths, but still have male pattern baldness.

Thanks

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no fillings or anything and my hairline is ****ed... I do have a retainer though attached to the back of 4 teeth since I was in my early teens.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
while i agree mercury is bad and can induce hairloss, u have to remember that females have fillings frequently and the majority do not suffer pattern baldness. In fact the fact they dont get much pattern baldness can be used to debunk alot of peoples theories about this and that causing male pattern baldness.