Density question

SAMPSON

Reaction score
A quick question...I had a strip for 1000 about 15 months ago - temples only. I was a NW2 or 1.5 at the worst. Now I basically have a normal adult hairline for a 37 yer old. I'm very happy with the artistry, but not the density. Its OK, but I can still tell the differece in density from the rest of my hairline. Is it getting overly obsessive to have a small FUE procedure to beef up the density?

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Let it go for a while. Enjoy. I am sure nobody else can tell. It's normal for a little bit to be less dense before you enter the main gates.

s.a.f

Reaction score
SAMPSON said:
A quick question...I had a strip for 1000 about 15 months ago - temples only. I was a NW2 or 1.5 at the worst. Now I basically have a normal adult hairline for a 37 yer old. I'm very happy with the artistry, but not the density. Its OK, but I can still tell the differece in density from the rest of my hairline. Is it getting overly obsessive to have a small FUE procedure to beef up the density?

Most 37yr olds dont have nw1's you should think yourself lucky that you were never worse than Norwood 1.5-nw2.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
basically i would say you should be happy with what you have, but if you see that you cant let go from it and the you let it bother your life (which you shouldnt)then do it

IBM

Reaction score
Density is a big problem and can ruin the whole hairstyle. I have this density problem too and ruin my whole hairstyle specially on temples.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAMPSON said:

No it's not overly obsessive. I have the same problem and one day will get my transplant area thickened up for FUEs myself.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Density is an industry created tern. Hair transplants (plural) can in the best hands can creat an illusion. If you are going for density I would sugest a hair piece as you may end up worse for wear and chasing hairloss just to regain a normal appearance (If you go surgical). But then again it you own density that will allow you to realize your destiny.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:
Density is an industry created tern. Hair transplants (plural) can in the best hands can creat an illusion. If you are going for density I would sugest a hair piece as you may end up worse for wear and chasing hairloss just to regain a normal appearance (If you go surgical). But then again it you own density that will allow you to realize your destiny.

What?

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
F-C , hope you don't. STAY HERE FOR A FEW YEARS AND WATCH. Time is on your side.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:

What??? You are generalizing. I challenge the accuracy of this "density" definition. Density is NOT an industry creation. The term "illusion of density" was created by this industry or some IMHO hair obsessed posters on forums. That is a poor interpretation and sends the wrong message out to people. The size or amount of area that needs to be filled has alot to do with the level of density. You really cant make any recommendations to this guy who said he is not happy with his 37 y/o hair loss because you didnt see his hair in person. Original density can be achieved but it all has to do with the size of the area that is transplanted.

All honesty Mahair but you dont make any sense in that post.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't need to see him. I just don't want some predator to tell him he had unrealistic expectations after the fact or even worse that he's a slow healer. You've got alot to learn.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:
I don't need to see him. I just don't want some predator to tell him he had unrealistic expectations after the fact or even worse that he's a slow healer. You've got alot to learn.

I think you have alot to learn. Making generalization and recommendations on people who you have never seen is pure misrepresentation. You make no sense at all. Good luck to you.